• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Who do planners date

Budgie

Cyburbian
anyone who might find this interesting.

This is actually very humorous. I was pissed on off when the photo was taken, and only if they knew what was truly in my head. I just left Rumpy's squeeze a message, finished kicking a supposed "pool player's" ass after 8 and now I'm finishing my 12 spot, listening to Public Enemy and the Steve Miller Band, while standing on my knees in front of the keyboard and Cyburbia gods, therein. ............................. I need to pass out soon, because I have a presentation to make before the City Commission at 7:00 a.m., about 6.5 hours away. Hey, Jungle Love (by myself will get me through). CHEERS !!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLOL.Dan, I have NO idea what that is supposed to mean. EDIT: clueless little me. I am wondering if that means "blow me". If you want me out of your forum, just say so.

Budgie, I don't know what to say. My military ID card expires in one hour and 12 minutes and it will be a hassle to get it renewed. And I have other stuff messing up. And I don't feel like a great source of support. I wish I could say the right thing to help you through this. But I am too busy crashing and burning in my own way, about my own issues, to figure out how to be helpful.

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Michele Zone said:
ROFLOL.Dan, I have NO idea what that is supposed to mean. EDIT: clueless little me. I am wondering if that means "blow me". If you want me out of your forum, just say so.

It was just a silly random image. Didn't intend for it to have that interpretation.

dale.jpg

Back on topic.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
lol my honey do list is pretty easy, work on the yard, walk the dogs, work on the house, clean my latex, take my boots to be shined, colour my hair

easy honey do list :p

And yes hes a republican but thank god he voted libertarian this time.

biscuit

Cyburbian
I've dated... well, it's probably for the best that I don't delve into the types that I've dated in the past. ;)

What I married however is a beautiful girl with a degree in historic preservation and community planning, so we have a lot of things to talk about and do together.

Last edited:

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
The future Mrs. 'Burb Fixer is finishing up a degree in Health Information Management. Basically, it deals with all of the legal matters surrounding medical records and serves to double-check doctor's recommendations. She has tried to explain what she does about 1,000 times, but I just don't seem to understand it completely. Oh well, she likes it and that's all that counts.

We are actually an interesting mix. She's from Ohio, I'm from Texas. She's been pretty much a country girl her whole life, I'm a city-boy born & bred and didn't end up in the "country" until high school (parents' decision, not my choice). I enjoy interacting with the public at my job, while part of the appeal of her job is that it does not interact with the public. Other than that though, just about all of our interests are similar.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
This is actually very humorous. I was pissed on off when the photo was taken, and only if they knew what was truly in my head. I just left Rumpy's squeeze a message, finished kicking a supposed "pool player's" ass after 8 and now I'm finishing my 12 spot, listening to Public Enemy and the Steve Miller Band, while standing on my knees in front of the keyboard and Cyburbia gods, therein. ............................. I need to pass out soon, because I have a presentation to make before the City Commission at 7:00 a.m., about 6.5 hours away. Hey, Jungle Love (by myself will get me through). CHEERS !!!!!!!!!!!

I guess planners date a person whose voice sounds sexy over the phone, right Budgie? Your a marked man now, death awaits you :-@ ;)

JNL

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
What I married however is a beautiful girl with a degree in historic preservation and community planning, so we have a lot of things to talk about and do together.

Ha ha, I saw what you wrote the first time, before you edited this :p

Habanero

Cyburbian
Honestly, my main criteria was someone taller than me when I was single. You could say I got what I wanted and a whole lot more. :a:

I want to know what Biscuit wrote! :D

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
As a historical document:
HR guy
h.s. football coach (whoa; hot!)
pub owner
building inspector
ice cream shop owner
pharmacologist

jread

Cyburbian
My girlfriend currently works in HR but is wanting to start a career in forensics very soon... crime scene technician and all that stuff.

I think it's gross but I can listen to her stories since she puts up with all my bitching about the suburbs.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Cardinal said:
The wolves have picked up the scent of prey... they are hunting...
Now what in the world would give you an idea like that? Oh by the way clare2582, did you see the interior pictures of the house, too? Ever been to Florida? :h:

RichmondJake said:
Now what in the world would give you an idea like that? Oh by the way clare2582, did you see the interior pictures of the house, too? Ever been to Florida? :h:
"Welcome to my parlor" said the spider to the fly. :D (Sorry, couldn't resist. :-$ )

Richmond Jake

Michele Zone said:
"Welcome to my parlor" said the spider to the fly. :D (Sorry, couldn't resist. :-$ )
Now I never have and I never will, treat a new comer here that way. Men here are 'gentlemen'...each and every one of us.

Richmond Jake

Michele Zone said:
...[snip]...MZ -- not invited to the pool party.
As planners like to say, that all depends: How do you look in a thong bikini and can you bring beer? ;) :h:

RichmondJake said:
As planners like to say, that all depends: How do you look in a thong bikini and can you bring beer? ;) :h:
Oh I probably look better in a thong bikini than you do. :D I can bring beer and the good news is that I don't drink it -- more for everyone else. ;-)

Budgie

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
Did you see the pictures of my pool? ;) :h:

I was involved with a conversation at the club with a local farmer. When asked why he hasn't built a pool at his house, the farmer (in his middle 60's) said,

"Because I can't possibly handle that much sex." Pools in remote rural locations are a gift from above.

Richmond Jake

Budgie said:
...[snip]... Pools in remote rural locations are a gift from above.
How do you think they compare to a suburban pool, located in the middle of a U shaped house, not visible from the neighbors, and only exposed toward an area of dedicated open space that will never to be developed (it's a wetland)?

nighthawk1959

Cyburbian
RJ, sounds like the type of party my mom used to warn me about. When do the invitations go out? [ I promise, no thong for me!!!]