• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Who dressed up for Halloween?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Last year I was in Planning where Halloween is a big deal. This year I'm in Engineering and am one of only 3 people who dressed up.
I had to put on my costume when I got to work because my son said he would DIE of shame if I took him into school dressed as Sylvester the cat.

plannerkat

Cyburbian
I'm wearing my vampire teeth and thoroughly enjoying scaring the crap out of people in my office. Costumes seen so far at work: witch (our accounting person!), goth, Crip, and a wide assortment of Halloween-themed accessories. Unfortunately, my best costumes are hardly "work-appropriate".

nerudite

Cyburbian
This is my first year ever that I have not dressed up. To tell you the truth, I just haven't had the time this year. I wish I had the time, because I've always enjoyed dressing up. People are ambling into work now, and so far I haven't seen any costumes... so it looks like I won't be alone.

Nary a costume here, although the DPW secretary is decked out in a halloween t-shirt, vest, cardigan and socks. My corneas are still recovering.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I have some meetings today. Thought about dressing as the grim reaper, but figured applicants probably won't see the humour.

Saw Darth Maul walking down the street this morning. Other than that, haven't seen any costumes at work. Probably some downstairs though - they're having some sort of halloween fundraiser...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We have witches here, but we recognize them without their costumes anyway.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Only saw one costume around here today.

Giff, I thought you could be showing a little more leg, and maybe have on some heels....

Glomer

I tried to send a picture of some dressed up planners in the office (male stripper)....however the .jpg was too big.

sorry

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:

Giff, I thought you could be showing a little more leg, and maybe have on some heels....
Naw. He's from Iowa, remember? Evan the facial hair is a part of the authenticity...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:

Do you know how hard it is to find giant womens shoes in one day?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
bturk said:

Naw. He's from Iowa, remember? Evan the facial hair is a part of the authenticity...
Hey, but I'm thinner than most of those Wisconsin girls

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
Next to nobody. One secretary with a sweatshirt, me with a pumpkin tie. Out of 30 in the building, that is it. Really dullsville around here. I miss Cat Woman from my last city hall.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I visited my former workplace at lunch. They have Mr. Clean, Miss Cleo, Lincoln's widow, Capt. Hook, an email, Davy Crockett, and a guy from a Nascar pit crew (just to name a few). I guess it helps to have a contest with real prizes and everyone's picture on the organization's internal website.

No costumes for me at work. My wife is a teacher though, and they always have fun. This year, she's Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz--ruby slippers and all.