• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Who has the best chicken sandwich?

Who has the best Chicken Sandwich

• Chick-Fil-A

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Popeyes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • KFC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McDonalds

• BK

• Wendy's

• Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michaelskis

Cyburbian
So apparently there is a battle brewing on who has the best chicken sandwich... even to the point of some guy is suing Popeyes because they ran out. What are your thoughts, who has the best chicken sandwich?

kms

Cyburbian
I love Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken sandwich. It seems to be a bit spicier than I’d expect the stereotypical CFA customer to enjoy.

Bojangles has a pretty good Cajun Chicken Biscuit.

My son went to Popeyes for a sandwich the day they were introduced. The store was out of buns.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I haven't had the Popeye's yet but WTF? I mean I'm seeing pics of lines out into the street, some stores not even selling them because they're "too popular". It's crazy the shit Americans get so worked up about. Kids killing kids, health care, a broken immigration policy, etc. "Meh, we'll get to it". But don't get between somebody and their effing chicken sandwich.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
We have a local restaurant chain that does the best ones. When I'm in the mood for one, I head there.

I'm not a big fan of Chik-fil-a. Our is always slam full. Plus it's located on our major thoroughfare. Getting in and out of it is a beast.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Chick Fil A is the only fast food chicken sandwich as far as I am concerned. KFC has great chicken livers though. Bojangles has good chicken but I don't care for the chicken sandwiches. I like the supremes (tenders) the best and their regular bone in fried chicken is really good.

DVD

Cyburbian
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in Compton. Best chicken anywhere.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
some guy is suing Popeyes because they ran out.
Sue them? What a perfectly rational response to not getting one's way. I'm going to put that one on my legal 'to do' list. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to be in court this morning; I'm suing a city because I encountered a traffic light that turned red and forced me to stop against my will.

As to chicken, I haven't sampled BK, Mickey D's or Chick Fil A. So with the ones on that list, I'm going to go with Popeye's.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I forgot that basically the best chicken in the entire world is Chicken Rico.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
We have a local restaurant chain that does the best ones. When I'm in the mood for one, I head there.

I'm not a big fan of Chik-fil-a. Our is always slam full. Plus it's located on our major thoroughfare. Getting in and out of it is a beast.
This sounds like a planner posted this.
Like asking:
Which is your favorite fast food restaurant?

I like Burger King because they didn't require a variance for any of their signage, does not use dry vit in its construction, there's adequate stacking for the drive-thru, and the right-in right-out access is appropriate for the traffic volumes in this commercial corridor. The use of a swale for storm water is not my first choice, but hey, this is a fast food restaurant we're talking about.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
But, man, the best chains can't even come close to the worst mom & pop joints! :hipsterbeard:

Chick-Fil-A has been very slow in their expansion into upstate New York, and there's no Popeye's or KFC in my area. Considering the cold welcome Chick-Fil-A would likely receive around here, I doubt they'll ever come close to this town. Still, based on my visits to locations in other areas, I like their sandwiches the best. Good fries, too; right up there with Arby's.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
This sounds like a planner posted this.
Like asking:
Which is your favorite fast food restaurant?

I like Burger King because they didn't require a variance for any of their signage, does not use dry vit in its construction, there's adequate stacking for the drive-thru, and the right-in right-out access is appropriate for the traffic volumes in this commercial corridor. The use of a swale for storm water is not my first choice, but hey, this is a fast food restaurant we're talking about.
Guilty as charged, though the traffic on said major thoroughfare has gotten progressively worse as the area has been growing a decent clip.

I have de facto boycotted certain establishments because of planning related issues.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
But, man, the best chains can't even come close to the worst mom & pop joints! :hipsterbeard:

Chick-Fil-A has been very slow in their expansion into upstate New York, and there's no Popeye's or KFC in my area. Considering the cold welcome Chick-Fil-A would likely receive around here, I doubt they'll ever come close to this town. Still, based on my visits to locations in other areas, I like their sandwiches the best. Good fries, too; right up there with Arby's.
There is one about 20 minutes from me but most progressives actively boycott them and jokingly call them Jesus Chicken. There is a Popeye's that we order from occasionally but the chicken sandwich has been sold out so I haven't tried it yet.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Everyone around here is all hyped up over Bojangles, but I don’t think it is all that good. KFC shares a space with Taco Bell, so that is a no-go in my book. I am afraid to eat anything from McDonalds. I do like CFA, but there is a local place in Downtown Raleigh that blows them all out of the water. But then again the executive chef there is a James Beard Award winner...