• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Who here has today off?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I'm slacking. We traded today for the day after Thanksgiving.
We're closed four days in November -- Election Day, Armistice Day, and the T-giving days. We LOVE November.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'm off - just taking a break from the on-going renovations. The kitchen is back together again, just waiting on the countertops.

biscuit

Cyburbian
At work.
And that's a big kick in the rear because the weather out is perfect today. I just know that it will be cold and raining, or even snowing, on our next work holiday.
Stupid indoor office job.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Mich, nien!

Ich arbeit!

I also, dislike "stupid, indoor office job" today!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Working. But it's quiet here today. Public schools are out this week, so many parents have taken a day/week off.

Same as Biscuit on the weather, we have the "It's too beautiful a day to be cooped up at work" syndrome.

martini

Cyburbian
Working. but probably gonna cut out early. Feel like crap, I just got my seasonal cold. I get one every year as the weather starts doing screwy things like being 30°f one week, then 80°f+ the next. Jacks with my system pretty hard.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I am with Biscuit and Zoning Goddess.

Why am I inside working on a day like this?
even worse my office space does not have any windows!
must go for a walk!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
Working. Falling asleep. I don't think the phone has rung once. :(

Indeed. I've only had three calls so far today. One from the fiancee and two from people who call me at least once a week to annoy me with the same freaking questions every time.

Oh well, perhaps today would be a good day to start getting caught up on all that paper work I've been avoiding the past few weeks.

Nah!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
Working. Falling asleep. I don't think the phone has rung once. :(

DITTO and can't forget passing the time with Cyburbia.

I think I'll cut out early to enjoy the splended weather here in Western Michigan. Don't imagine we are gonne get to many more days like today.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
I'm in a GIS class cussing a lot at my computer.

I didn't realize that today was Columbus Day and tried to go to the bank. Grrrrr...

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Why would you have the day off? Columbus day was yesterday, and that's a no work day either so why today off? Do you celebrate the day after columbus got here? and BTW shouldn't we be celebrating the day when Erik the red got to america? or the when the Chinese got here? all before columbus...

donk

Cyburbian
Had today off. Travelled and slept off last night's excursion to friends house.

Flying hungover sucks.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
I had the day off, which was beautiful. But the child was very sick with double ear infections and pink eye so we were stuck inside all day.