• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free (as in "free beer"). It's easy to join in!

Who is celebrating tonight? (AKA: The 2004 NHL Playoffs Thread)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
The Flyers are pretty deep, I'm just wondering how good the Bolts really are...

Who knows... half of them are ex-Flyers, right? Maybe Bobby traded all the good ones away to TB :-D

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Boy am I glad I was stuck at a ZBA meeting and didn't have to endure the 5-1 game last night (or the Red Sox blowing another one to the Orioles)...

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Boy am I glad I was stuck at a ZBA meeting and didn't have to endure the 5-1 game last night (or the Red Sox blowing another one to the Orioles)...

Yeah, that's how I felt about the Affordable Housing Board vs. the Leafs Game on Wednesday. :-#

UPPlanner

Lets Go

RED WINGS

Vokun should keep his yap shut now...........but we'll give him some more vulcanized rubber to chew on Saturday afternoon!!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
Can I get an amen?!?

You got it, Sister!

po1_halleluja.jpg

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
So, let's see. Hey! It's baseball season! Go Cards! :-D

plankton

Cyburbian
You gotta like how this year's playoff season is shaping up for the Wings & Pistons. Somebody have a Blue at the Joe for me.

Habanero

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Why is it everyone hates the best... the wings, the Yankees, GWB?

LMAO- I don't hate the best, I hate the Wings- BIG DIFFERENCE! :p

Meanwhile, I'll go back to drowning my sorrows in a beer now. I'll try hard not to choke like the Stars.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Woo-hoo!

'nuff said.

Indeed! Let's have our one day of glory before the bloodbath begins. :)

Realistically, how much hope do you have for the Leafs in the next round Tran? If the first game was Friday or Saturday, I would say we would stand a good chance. Everyone looked so tired last night and Philly has had a rest. Makes me nervous...

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Man, I'm glad I don't get into hockey. After the Red Sox last fall I don't think I could stand another dramatic Boston playoff loss.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Seabishop said:
Man, I'm glad I don't get into hockey. After the Red Sox last fall I don't think I could stand another dramatic Boston playoff loss.

It would be worse if I hadn't expected the B's to choke.....Montreal does it to them all the time.....and I can't stand it!!

Oh well.....I'm sure I'll still follow the playoffs (can't resist good hockey, no matter who's playing).....and get on the AHL playoff bandwagon for the Manchester Monarchs (tied 2-2 with the Worcester Ice Cats in the AHL playoffs)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Seabishop said:
After the Red Sox last fall I don't think I could stand another dramatic Boston playoff loss.

I wonder how NHPlanner is taking this?

nerudite said:
Realistically, how much hope do you have for the Leafs in the next round Tran? If the first game was Friday or Saturday, I would say we would stand a good chance. Everyone looked so tired last night and Philly has had a rest. Makes me nervous...

Without a doubt the Flyers are going to be a tougher nut to crack. As for rest, that has it's pros/cons in the playoffs. The Flyers probably got all soft with those extra days off ;) I think the Leafs are catching a break - there is an day off between games 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 due to scheduling conflicts. Guess the Flyers didn't figure they'd still be playing this time of year...

edit - NH! You're alive! ;)

NHPlanner

Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I wonder how NHPlanner is taking this?

edit - NH! You're alive! ;)

Barely.....with 3 night meetings this week, 2 last week, packing up the house to move, and the trip to DC this weekend...I'm barely alive.....and haven't seen a game since game 5 of the B's-Habs....

michaelskis

Cyburbian
AHHHHHHHHHHH AND IT WAS IN OVERTIME *&^%

I will be the first to say it, the wings did not even look good the past few games.

Oh well, there is still hockey to watch, and wondering who the new coach will be. (go from the best team, to getting killed in the second round is not a good thing for a contract year)

The One

Cyburbian
Go Colorado!!

The Avalanche will come back tonight!!!
I like Calgary a lot now :-}

Mark

Cyburbian
better than the dead wings years

The Wings obviously need tough fast young punks, and a few of what I call hockey scagz. But, thats why this is the best time of the year.

Hockey is a funny thing, 10 years ago, my buddies and I called Keith Primeau, Baby Huey when he played for the Wings. He couldn't finish a check, finish with the puck and always tripped on the blue line. Now he's a stud for the Flyers.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm a very happy camper now that the dead wings are gone. If the Leafs don't take Philly out, I'll be rooting for Tampa Bay in the East and Calgary in the West. I'll keep crossing my fingers for my poor Leafs though. C'mon Eddie, you can do it!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
I'm a very happy camper now that the dead wings are gone. If the Leafs don't take Philly out, I'll be rooting for Tampa Bay in the East and Calgary in the West. I'll keep crossing my fingers for my poor Leafs though. C'mon Eddie, you can do it!

What?! If the Laughs get beat, you'll root against my team? Man... That's just wrong.

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:

That's pretty much where our house is at now too. *sigh* if only the Stars would've played like they know how I'd still be cheering for them. Oh well, I think it's about time a Canadian team wins.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
LMAO- I don't hate the best, I hate the Wings- BIG DIFFERENCE! :p

Meanwhile, I'll go back to drowning my sorrows in a beer now. I'll try hard not to choke like the Stars.

They did win the Presidents cup for the BEST record in the NHL this year!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
You know... I was looking over my pool, and even though I had the wings winning it all, I get have a better score now that the Flames move on to the next round. (the re-seed thing works on my side for once)

Colorado is going down, and down hard.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
AAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still, hats off to the Flyers - especially this member of the team...

198101.jpg

I believe she's cleaning up after Brashear had another "accident". Coach told him to go before the game ;)

The One

Cyburbian
Bummer!!

Colorado Lost.....Oh well, next year will be better......At least the Red Wings lost also, all is right with the universe......Go Calgary!!!!!!!!!!!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Tranplanner said:
AAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still, hats off to the Flyers - especially this member of the team...

198101.jpg

I believe she's cleaning up after Brashear had another "accident". Coach told him to go before the game ;)

Oh my, I believe I just became a hockey fan. ;-)

nerudite

Cyburbian
I am now a Calgary fan (or Tampa Bay). Although I really don't care *that* much who wins in the West. As long as the damn Flyers go down. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I am now a Calgary fan (or Tampa Bay). Although I really don't care *that* much who wins in the West. As long as the damn Flyers go down. :)

You know, it might be interesting if San Jose and Tampa Bay went till the end, neither teams have ever gone that far. Hmmm.

Did anyone see the nasty hit last night, I think it was on a Flyer's guy. He wobbled.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:

Can't stand that they whipped up on your whining bunch of Maple Laugh cheap shot, low rent, referee paying punks? ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Habanero said:
You know, it might be interesting if San Jose and Tampa Bay went till the end, neither teams have ever gone that far. Hmmm.

Did anyone see the nasty hit last night, I think it was on a Flyer's guy. He wobbled.

Tucker left his feet and went elbows to the head... A real piece of work, that guy. It's such justice that because he was down (And wobbled to the bench) the Leaf players pinched in deep and gave up the two-on-one for the series ending goal.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Can't stand that they whipped up on your whining bunch of Maple Laugh cheap shot, low rent, referee paying punks? ;)

Nah, I've always hated Philly... with the exception of when Hextall was in net. I was such a huge Hextall fan, that I actually liked Philly for awhile. I have a cat named after a Flyer even (although the player she's named after is now on Carolina).

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Nah, I've always hated Philly... with the exception of when Hextall was in net. I was such a huge Hextall fan, that I actually liked Philly for awhile. I have a cat named after a Flyer even (although the player she's named after is now on Carolina).

Brind'Amour?

(And my previous post was supposed to have a smiley... not sure where it went.)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Brind'Amour?

(And my previous post was supposed to have a smiley... not sure where it went.)

Oh god... I guess I've known you too long... you even remember my cat's namesake. Yeah, Brindy it is. The love stick... LOL.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Oh god... I guess I've known you too long... you even remember my cat's namesake. Yeah, Brindy it is. The love stick... LOL.

A trade I hated when it happened... and love right now!