• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Who Is In The Clube?!?

Habanero

Cyburbian
ME, BABY, ME!!

:)do a little dance... make a few posts.. get in the clube... get in the clube

awwww.. toot toot... beep beep..

that's right, shake your rump, there's a party in my head!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome to the clube. 2,000 more and you'll pass me. :)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
We knew it would only be a matter of time, Ash...welcome to the clube...I'm still trying to get back to my #2 status that Brian and Guap passed me for months ago! :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'll see your 2,000 and raise you 1,000..

oh wait, I can't do that, I have to work!

:):):):):):):):):):):)

James is taking me out for margaritas for this one!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
there's a party in my head!
Mike D. send you some "treats?" ;)

Welcome! Sorry to say that I will not be meeting my fellow clube members in Denver. I will be back in California for the third time this year.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
Anybody see the pictures of the hooka rooms over in Iraq ?
Nope, but I saw a good one when I was in Cairo. Wasn't allowed to go in one though... no chicks allowed!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
nerudite said:
Welcome to the clube! I didn't get a margarita when I joined... WTF? :)
Do you really want an Edmonton margarita? Thought you said they sucked.

You mean Mastiff didn't send you some red vines to celebrate your entry into the clube?

NHPlanner

Staff member
The only thing I got for reaching 2000 posts was my wife calling me a dork. ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yeah, James said, "wow, *NERD ALERT!!* that's an accomplishment, do you want to go celebrate?" in a really sarcastic voice.. so I took him up on it and he's taking me out for dinner now-

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

Do you really want an Edmonton margarita? Thought you said they sucked.

You mean Mastiff didn't send you some red vines to celebrate your entry into the clube?
I got nothing!

And yeah... I wouldn't want an Edmonton margarita. But it doesn't mean I can't be jealous of Ash's delicious Arizona margaritas. I have no doubt that Arizona can get them right.

I'll be on the search in Denver when I'm there. Any tips from the locals?

NHPlanner

Staff member
TexasPlanner said:
Yeah, James said, "wow, *NERD ALERT!!* that's an accomplishment, do you want to go celebrate?" in a really sarcastic voice.. so I took him up on it and he's taking me out for dinner now-
See that works for you because you're a woman.....had I tried that I would have been laughed at and told to make my own dinner. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
Waaaaahhh! You're making the rest of us feel like such slackers! We're nowhere near the clube.
Ummm, that makes you the antithesis of slacker.

Yay! Welcome in, Ash. Damn, I take a Friday off and see what i miss! Rob also has a patented eye roll dedicated to all thing cyburban. :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
eeek im with you, i miss friday and i feel lost in my cyber home

gotta bust the keyboard to keep up!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
In the clube:

bturk 2922
Dan 2722
El Guapo 2238
NHPlanner 2048
Tranplanner 1797
KMateja 1797
PlannerGirl 1705
nerudite 1467
Michael Stumpf 1448
Mike D. 1418
Planderella 1219
donk 1040
TexasPlanner 1022

Close:

Mastiff 901
jtfortin 776
giff57 722

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Woo hoo! Top ten!

I keep seeming to trade places with Mike D. Nerudite has zoomed past us both, though.

Brian, maybe you can put a little pressure on Prudence to post more often. He isn't devoting enough of his workday to Cyburbia. You could at least give him a few of your posts to pad his total.

donk

Cyburbian
I should have participated in some of the pre war threads, add to my number of posts, but I had to avoid them because I would have said something inappropriate and probably offensive to many.

it going to be a tough battle to get intot eh top 10.

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:
I've been slacking! Tran and I are neck and neck. Is there a name for the 2000 clube?
There sure is Kel. Dorks. :) (or so my wife keeps telling me....)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:

I keep seeming to trade places with Mike D. Nerudite has zoomed past us both, though.
I don't know how... you are on here 24/7! I haven't even been posting that much lately. Work keeps getting in the way. ;)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
I should have participated in some of the pre war threads, add to my number of posts, but I had to avoid them because I would have said something inappropriate and probably offensive to many.

it going to be a tough battle to get intot eh top 10.
Well now that the war is on...post away! I'm actually wondering where my fellow Canucks stand on the issue. (note...let's not hijack this post for that - go to one of the war threads for that).

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I know im posting at a slower rate than is my norm-too much going on round these parts

Habanero

Cyburbian
This is nifty, I make it to the clube and then I get the case from hell! At least I made it though, that was half the battle.

Jeff

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
This is nifty, I make it to the clube and then I get the case from hell! At least I made it though, that was half the battle.
But now your up against the Special Republican Clube, not just the Regular Clube ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Hmmm I think I'll get in the Clube in a little more than a year... HOPEFULLY!

I have a stable 2 post per day thing here.... I doubt I can do much more keeping it coherently.... :p ;)

Queen B

Cyburbian
From looking at these posts, I think it would be really interesting to see what people know about those entering clube membership. After 1000 posts people should have a pretty good idea about your personality and views.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Queen B said:
From looking at these posts, I think it would be really interesting to see what people know about those entering clube membership. After 1000 posts people should have a pretty good idea about your personality and views.
We do know where Mastiff shaves...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
nerudite said:

I don't know how... you are on here 24/7! I haven't even been posting that much lately. Work keeps getting in the way. ;)
DSL at work and home. I haven't made Cyburbia my home page yet, though.

Queen B said:
You missed the Two Truths and a Lie thread - everyone had to come up with two facts and a fiction about themselves and everyone else had to guess. very revealing into the inner lives of cyburbians!

but it is true - i'd never have believed it before stumbling on this site, but if you're here long enough, you form relationships with fellow cyburbanites, they pop up in the occasional dream (or nightmare) and you wind up telling your mom or husband a story about some crazy thing that happened on cyburbia that they totally think makes you a dork, but it definitely made your day (ah..... MarryTheresea!)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
KMateja said:

You missed the Two Truths and a Lie thread - everyone had to come up with two facts and a fiction about themselves and everyone else had to guess. very revealing into the inner lives of cyburbians!

but it is true - i'd never have believed it before stumbling on this site, but if you're here long enough, you form relationships with fellow cyburbanites, they pop up in the occasional dream (or nightmare) and you wind up telling your mom or husband a story about some crazy thing that happened on cyburbia that they totally think makes you a dork, but it definitely made your day (ah..... MarryTheresea!)
I think the fact that she showed up here is the impressive part...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

I think the fact that she showed up here is the impressive part...
I'm still wondering if she might have hooked up with someone here - and who is the father.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I dunno, that sounds like a B rated movie!

What about the wives showing up- gotta love the secretive one!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
TexasPlanner said:
I dunno, that sounds like a B rated movie!

What about the wives showing up- gotta love the secretive one!
Leave Mary Poppins alone - she rocks!

NHPlanner

Staff member
bturk said:

Leave Mary Poppins alone - she rocks!
LOL....yes she does. :) And she married me, which has to mean something, right? ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
NHPlanner said:

LOL....yes she does. :) And she married me, which has to mean something, right? ;)
Hmmm... What could it mean?

a) She's mentally unbalanced.
b) She has that maternal instinct to protect the helpless.
c) She misunderstood planner to mean financial planner.
d) It's like that old joke about the guy with no arms and no legs never running out or holding another woman...

I can think of more if you want! ;)