• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Who wants a blog?

dan - i particularly enjoyed the poop comment.

I don't know if i would blog - it would be interesting to read in others, but i can barely remember to write in my own regular journal

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A long, long time ago, I used to maintain a personal Web site. I stopped maintaining it several years ago; updating it became a hassle. However, it's something I miss.

I like the idea of blogging, and I checked out several software packages with the intent of having a blog feature on Cyburbia. I narrowed it down to Moveable Type and pMachine; I picked pMachine because it's more user-friendly, accomodates easy user customization, and it allows the creation of blog communities similar to what you see on Live Journal.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Go for it, I might use something like that...who knows?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Since we're on the issue of things we want....I've been meaning to bring this up.

Any room on the Cyburbia server for a "Plan O' Da Week" ??

We take turns scanning in a job we're reviewing/working on, get some input ideas, share with one another, see what development in Canada looks like....???

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Giff ... PM me with the name that you want to use for your blog. I'll set you up and PM back with the details!

Michele Zone

BANNED
Yeah, sure, why not?

It imagine it will come as no surprise to anyone that someone in another forum once suggested I try blogging. It was his nice way of asking me to Shut Up and quit telling "my life story" there. :-D So, sure. Sign me up. God knows "I live For Attention". :p ;-) B-)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Sorry, but the blog offer was long, long ago I may set up some Forum space for blogging, but since there wasn't much of an early interest in a Cyburbia blogging system a year ago, I sort of let things go.

Michele Zone

BANNED
Er, I'm confused

Dan said:
Sorry, but the blog offer was long, long ago I may set up some Forum space for blogging, but since there wasn't much of an early interest in a Cyburbia blogging system a year ago, I sort of let things go.
This thread was from a YEAR ago??? How did it get to the top of the list again?

Never mind...