• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Who's having a white Christmas?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
There's over a foot of snow on the ground and it's just started snowing again onto the land of famous potatoes with more in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

Which other Cyburbians are/will be having a white Christmas?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Rain now, nothing on the ground (melted), suppose to get some tonight, with lake effect in the ski-country. Probally a few inches in the city.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My grass is green. What little snow we did get either melted or blew away.

otterpop

Cyburbian
So far nothing. Weather forecast says we might get snow tonight and tomorrow morning. I am hoping for at least a little, so we can have a white Christmas.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I live near Milwaukee's airport. The wind and flight patterns are 'just right' to be annoying, something that doesnt happen often. It's eerie -- the Air National Guard's refueling planes are taking off in a constant rotation. I assume they are refueling combat jets on patrol in the air around Chicago and other areas. Its very unusual activity, definitely different activity patters from their training days.

donk

Cyburbian
It is raining right now, if it keeps up the liklihood of a green christmas increases. This is after having almost 3 feet of snow fall in the last 2 weeks.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Fog. We'll still have snow....but it is melting rapidly with the rain.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I might be stuck in Cleveland for Christmas. Wet lake effect is starting to fall hard, forecasts call for 15 cm tonight, and I know it will be worse the closer I get to Buffalo.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
We're having a "mud" Christmas after a day of heavy rain. Well, at least we're not getting the 2 feet of snow we had on Christmas Day 2002.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
not here in NJ;
It is about 40, mostly cloudy, and breezy.

donk

Cyburbian
We are having a white christmas, but I doubt a fog that is so thick you can't see 20 feet counts.

The snow is almost gone and my friends and I are thinking of road riding tomorrow.

JNL

Cyburbian
It's summer here so no white christmas for me. My sister in Scotland is having her first white xmas. It's quite warm here(21C) but very cloudy.

Yum white christmas... reminds me of this confectionery you can make, sort of white chocolate with cherries and bits of dark chocolate and rice crispies in it. Very bad for you. Must find recipe!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Christmas Eve: Sunny/partly cloudy
Christmas: Partly Cloudy/Scattered rain
Today: Same as Christmas... It's "summer" here...:p

Jeff

Cyburbian
It was like 50 degrees or so on Christmas. Definitly did not feel like Christmas at all.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
We got about 3 inches of snow on Christmas Eve so Christmas in my neck of the woods was White and Sunny. Temps were in the upper 30 and the roads were clear and dry.

Today 40 and rain.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Horizontal rain on Christmas day, 17 inches of snow the day after with the ski resorts picking up over four feet.

Rem

Cyburbian
Christmas day was hot and cloudless - about 36 celcius (97 Fht). No snow anywhere except the freezer box of the refrigerator.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Once again I was at the parents house for the holidays where I hear there hasn't been a white Christmas since the early 1970's. On Christmas day it was sunny with clear blue skies, a slight breeze and around 15 C.
A really nice change from the gray Pennsylvania winter.