• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Who's this Chet dude?

Runner

Cyburbian
Messages
566
Points
17
I guess I missed something in the busy days at the end of the semester...

Who is this Chet dude and what happened to bturk?
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,624
Points
34
Who is this bturk you speak of. I've never head of him.
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,161
Points
27
Chet said:
Who is this bturk you speak of. I've never head of him.
Some fag that pops his head in here every now and then....

sorry fags


BTW...Catch "Gay Cruise" on MTV tonight....yuck!
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
Repo Man said:
jtfortin seems to have disappeared from this board too.
No kidding. Maybe he and bturk ran off together to take that gay cruise. Perhaps we'll see them holding hands on MTV tonight. ;)
 

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Messages
1,169
Points
24
Mike D. said:
Some fag that pops his head in here every now and then....

sorry fags


BTW...Catch "Gay Cruise" on MTV tonight....yuck!
All right, to be honest and maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but the word "fag" is a little overused around here. I know this is a public forum and people can say what they please, but from where I come from this is considered offensive and is not something to expect from an educated group of people.

You never know who out there might be gay. I'm not beating a PC drum. My sister is homosexual and I hear stories all the time of the slurs and discrimination she and other gays face. I know it's an unfortunate fact of life and words like "fag," nor discrimination will ever go away.

I was at a Red Sox game last night and I probably heard "fag" or "faggot" hurled at the other team's players at least 20 times. I think that's terrible. I'm not accusing anyone here of being ignorant or discriminatory, I just wanted to say how people can see such comments. Thanks.
 
Last edited:

prudence

Cyburbian
Messages
688
Points
20
Greenescapist said:
All right, to be honest and maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but the word "fag" is a little overused around here. I know this is a public forum and people can say what they please, but from where I come from this is considered offensive and is not something to expect from an educated group of people.

You never know who out there might be gay. I'm not beating a PC drum. My sister is homosexual and I hear stories all the time of the slurs and discrimination she and other gays face. I know it's an unfortunate fact of life and words like "fag," nor discrimination will ever go away.

I was at a Red Sox game last night and I probably heard "fag" or "faggot" hurled at the other team's players at least 20 times. I think that's terrible. I'm not accusing anyone here of being ignorant or discriminatory, I just wanted how people can see such comments. Thanks.
Lighten up, Francis.
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,984
Points
29
I concur with Greenescapist. I think the "joke" is long over and it has been worn quite thin by now. :) Let's move on.
 
Messages
5,353
Points
31
prudence said:
Lighten up, Francis.
I don't think it's a question of lightening up but being respectful of other people. The joke has long lost its significance and is completely lost on newcomers and guests of Cyburbia.
 

prudence

Cyburbian
Messages
688
Points
20
Can we still use the "F" word to refer to cigarettes?

i.e. - "That f** left a bad taste in my mouth."
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,624
Points
34
prudence said:
Can we still use the "F" word to refer to cigarettes?

i.e. - "That f** left a bad taste in my mouth."
I agree (sorry british cigarrettes)
 

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
17,836
Points
59
What Planderella said. This friendly inside joke might be lost on some others here. I don't want to see posts along the lines of "wink wink nudge nudge" censored, but I don't want to see flame wars (as opposed to friendly debate) and misunderstanding, either.

Thread closed. I'm starting a new thread specifically for discussion on the "f" word, and how it's used in the Cyburbia forums.
 
Top