• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Why American girls are moving north...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hopefully, this won't be termed as "nasty"!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Canadian is drinking in a New York bar when he gets a call
on his cellphone. He hangs up, grinning from ear to ear, and
orders a round of drinks for everybody in the bar because, he announces, his wife has just produced a typical Canadian baby boy weighing 25 pounds.

Nobody can believe that any new baby can weigh in at 25 pounds, but the Canuck just shrugs, "That's about average up North, folks... like I said, my boy's a typical Canadian baby boy."

Congratulations showered him from all around, and many exclamations of "WOW"! were heard.

One woman actually fainted due to sympathy pains.

Two weeks later the Canadian returns to the bar. The bartender
says, "Say, you're the father of that typical Canadian baby that
weighed 25 pounds at birth, aren't you? Everybody's been making' bets about how big he'd be in two weeks. We were gonna call you....... so how much does he weigh now?"

The proud father answers, "Seventeen pounds." The bartender is puzzled, and concerned. "What happened? He already weighed 25 pounds the day he was born."

The Canadian father takes a slow swig from his Molson beer, wipes his lips on his shirt sleeve, leans into the bartender and proudly says, "Had him circumcised".

Jeff

Cyburbian
What the story doesn't tell you is that he was born with no teeth, and that is what he'll look like again around age 10 from playing hockey :)

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Nasty!

I thought this was going to be a joke akin to going down south on American girls...

Jen

Cyburbian
I thought this was going to be a scholary missive on the emigration patterns of american woman.

This is happening in my family, we are southerners who have left the south for good and have moved north... :)