• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Why Does Metallica Suck ??

Repo Man

Cyburbian
You know what....I really didn't get too worked up about the Napster thing, and I am used to them sucking, but this is insane. This actually makes me want to stand up and scream at these a-holes. You cannot trademark a chord progression. I just wish these guys nothing but failure in the future.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I personally like Metallica and see two distinct bands - the 1980s Metallica and the 1990s on Metallica. The natural progession of things requires refinement and experimentation which is what they have done. If all their music was the early thrash type, would many of us still listen? Probably not. Its lke the Mustang, great car in the mid to late 60s, totally sucked the big one through the 70s and most of the 80s. My point is change is inevitable, and you can't make everyone happy. Just like zoning...theres another thread for another time...Personally, I think St. Anger sucks and Master of Puppets is one of the best.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Coragus said:
This thread was going away quietly, but then I saw this:

I heard about that somewhere else today.

According to MTV.com, Metallica are suing independant Canadian rockers Unfaith over what they call "unsanctioned usage of two chords [Metallica] have been using since 1982 : E and F."

Enough is enough. I'm protesting by deleting all the Metallica .mp3 and .ogg files that I downloaded off of Kazaa from my PC.

H

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Enough is enough. I'm protesting by deleting all the Metallica .mp3 and .ogg files that I downloaded off of Kazaa from my PC.

Funny, Dan.

This tread is so sad, I heard Master of Puppets over the weekend and it was so cool, so very cool. Now the boys are so lame, so very very lame.

Shame, shame on you Metalica.

(Although if anyone is interested, I am ready to sell out.;) )