• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Why Hooters Is Going to Hell

donk

Cyburbian
If she wants a car that bad, I'd go to the nearest wreckers yard, find a junked celica, have it towed and dropped on her front lawn. Maybe one of these in really poor shape would shut her up.

You'd have to sell alot of beer to make it worth the restaurants while to give you a car.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
First off, Hooters is will never go to hell. Don't ruin it for me.

Secondly, she automatically assume is was a vehicle because that is what she wanted to hear. If she did not clarify, it is her own damn fault.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
What a moron! Anyways who in their right mind could take serious the chance of one's employer to give away a Toyota for a sales contest!

H

Cyburbian
Well, looks like someone cant take a joke, sheess.

I mean, how could some think that beer sales could equal a free car? The restaurant would go out of business if they did that. Come on girl, really.

Habanero

Cyburbian
car it will not be

SlaveToTheGrind said:
Secondly, she automatically assume is was a vehicle because that is what she wanted to hear. If she did not clarify, it is her own damn fault.

The manager said he didn't know if it would be a car, truck, or van. If you know your waitress is that dumb, why lead her on?

LMFAO nonetheless. They're sweet, but very very dumb. I'm just glad they bring beer cold, although I've had to teach a few of them how to properly pour a beer.

Rem

Cyburbian
I think you are all too harsh. She was duped and should seek recompense. Being misled was not her fault and she was made a fool of in front of co-workers. It seems likely the restaurant was out to either play a joke (at the expense of the winner) or falsely manipulate staff to increase sales.

Sue their @sses.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My faith in Hooters has been restored.

Prudence's best friend in a regional GM for them. Maybe he can get us the inside scoop.

Rem

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Yeah, maybe she could win enough $$ to pay for her t*ts. (Sorry, Hooters sluts).
Busted - my boss wants to now why I just let out a huge guffaw. How embarrassment.

Very funny ZG.

Jen

Cyburbian
I don't why this was such a shock to the Hooter's gal,doesn't she realize that she and her other tight t shirted cameltoed shorted servers are standing on a very flimsy pedestal? Yeah to be a hooter gal etc etc must be a power trip, showing off the great body, feeling the "worship" emanating from patrons. When in reality, their real purpose is as a plaything, a toy.

I know I know it's a 'family' restaraunt they aren't stripping or anything but I find there are parallels tween strip clubs, lingerie shows in bars that sort of thing and hooters (sorry hooters)

She was toyed with and got her yoda! Next time she might want to read the fine print, Oh? there wasn't any, what a surprise!

Though I bet if yoda vibrated she would have been happy :-b

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Jen said:
She was toyed with and got her yoda! ...
Though I bet if yoda vibrated she would have been happy :-b

I think another euphemism has just been invented. C'grats, Jen!