• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Why Pittsburgh is going to Hell #1, or SUV as WMD

Jeff

Cyburbian
I just think the drivers were a**holes. Definitly not representative of all SUV drivers ;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Come on now. It's the people that make good SUV's go bad. I'm more worried about the 300 lbs. + individual (or two, of you can believe it) that are wedged in to a Fiesta or Geo. Makes it tough to drive defensively and evasively.

biscuit

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
Come on now. It's the people that make good SUV's go bad. I'm more worried about the 300 lbs. + individual (or two, of you can believe it) that are wedged in to a Fiesta or Geo. Makes it tough to drive defensively and evasively.
I said that SUV drivers are more violent than others with that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. My guess is that these guys were all cranked-up on meth or something.

I know what you mean about the large people in small cars.I once witnessed a family of five (with not one of them under 300lbs.) cram themselves into a Ford Tempo. Truly a site to behold.