• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Why Russia Is Going To Hell

nerudite

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Ah... I was going to click, but then I started to wonder. Is this work safe? :-c
It's just an article from CNN.com. Worksafe.

My husband knows a few Russian jokes. In one, this Russian guy is learning Hebrew just in case there really is a heaven and hell, so he can speak to other folks in heaven if he gets there. And he gets asked "What if you go to hell?" He replies "I already speak Russian".

So, I think you should consider renaming the thread to "More proof that Russia has already GONE to hell".

RE the actual article in question: Truly awful stuff.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Like this sort of thing isn't going on all over the place. Look in your own backyard (not to be taken literally).

Habanero

Cyburbian
The best Russian joke I know is from our translator who pointed to a small brown building as said, "that is the tallest building in Leningrad". Obviously such a small building was no where near the tallest and when we protested he said, "yes, but the KGB building sees all the way to Syberia." With any luck this little monster will go there as well.