• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Why South Korea is Going to Hell

ludes98

Cyburbian
Some status symbol. I am thanking heavens I don't have to speak Spanish or French flawlessly!

simulcra

this is kinda disgusting. it's like the surgery alot of asians get so that their eyes aren't narrow. geez.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
i heard about this months ago. it's very strange. but i guess it's nice to be looked up to by someone...and emulated!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
If there was a surgery for people around here to pronounce "R's" I'd be all for it. ;)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I notice that a government ministry made a movie to scare folks out of the surgery. I can just imagine . . .

OT: I remember a movie in the mid-70s that showed the supposed ill effects of smoking dope -- a kid can't find an opener for a bottle of cola so he smashes the neck against and wall and -- predictably -- cuts his mouth on the jagged bottle, all while blissfully ignorant. Now, mind you, I NEVER INHALED but the friend and I that saw it left laughing ourselves silly. :-D

Rem

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
I notice that a government ministry made a movie to scare folks out of the surgery. I can just imagine . . .

OT: I remember a movie in the mid-70s that showed the supposed ill effects of smoking dope -- a kid can't find an opener for a bottle of cola so he smashes the neck against and wall and -- predictably -- cuts his mouth on the jagged bottle, all while blissfully ignorant. Now, mind you, I NEVER INHALED but the friend and I that saw it left laughing ourselves silly. :-D
Continuing the OT: In high school we were shown quite old, B&W, US made films warning on the dangers of cars. There were lots of gorey accident scenes. The most harrowing I recall was a woman being literally dragged out on to the street to identify the corpse of her child who had been knocked down by a car. I promise not even the hard @sses left those movies laughing.