• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Why Wisconsin Is Going To Hell #2

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I hope there are not many more reasons why Wisconsin is going to hell since I'm thinking of moving there to go to grad school at UW-Madison!

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
OK. I just read that article. I don't know anything about this guy. What makes him an environmental wacko? I took a quick look at the 1000 Friends of WI site to see what that was all about and it looks like it has noble goals. However, I know it's their own site and everything will be in their best light.

I'm very pro-environment and think greenspace conservation and ant-sprawl policies are good. Maybe you'd disagree with me. Or, is this new mayor just really anti-market and business. I'm definitely not that.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
1000 Friends isn't too highly regarded by Wisconsin Planners. They may have noble goals, but they are clueless on many land use/smart growth issues. I think I remember bturk mentioning this in an earlier thread.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Exactly what jfortin said. The 1000 Friends are nothing but rhetoric that is not backed up by either good research or a practical understanding of the relationship between cities and the environment.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Greenescapist said:
I hope there are not many more reasons why Wisconsin is going to hell since I'm thinking of moving there to go to grad school at UW-Madison!
Oh, it's going to hell alright... and this guy is driving the bus! :)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Greenescapist said:

Who is that creepy looking dude? And what does he have to do with WI?

Mopping water off of my desk yet again... I should know better by now

he he he creepy.... lol this is the best

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
TexasPlanner said:

Oh, it's going to hell alright... and this guy is driving the bus! :)
We really could have used those sticks in Denver....or at least some straws! ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Greenescapist said:

Thanks dude. You'll fit right in in Madison - just never send your resume around these parts. ;)

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Ah, don't take it personally - I had no idea that was one of the people here. Besides anyone wearing that get-up is just plain asking for it. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Greenescapist said:

*snarffed corona and lime*

That's my idol, bTurk.

Last edited: