• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Why Wisconsin is going to hell Animal Edition #2

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I am really impressed with the innate intelligence of firemen :-D

{snip}
As for the odor? "Well, we stayed upwind," said Tom Ulatowski, a heavy equipment operator for Engine 25. "It didn't smell too good when you were driving through it."
{snip}

nerudite

Cyburbian
If I remember correctly, most of Wisconsin didn't smell too good anyway... all that 'dairy air'. ;)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Once a year we get something spilled all over the freeway. Beer, corn, boxes, oil...this is the first time that monkey poop (or any poop for that matter) was dropped in the freeway. I am glad that it wasn't on my route to work.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Repo Man said:
Once a year we get something spilled all over the freeway. Beer, corn, boxes, oil...this is the first time that monkey poop (or any poop for that matter) was dropped in the freeway. I am glad that it wasn't on my route to work.
LOL I forgot about the time the truck FULL of pig intestines spilt in the Marquette Interchange!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Repo Man said:
Once a year we get something spilled all over the freeway. Beer, corn, boxes, oil...(snip)

.....cheese, cheese, beer, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese,...... ;-)

I vastly enjoyed the many and various poop synonyms, including the phrase "macaque caca". Say THAT 5 times fast. :D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
nerudite said:
If I remember correctly, most of Wisconsin didn't smell too good anyway... all that 'dairy air'. ;)
Don't know if its an urban myth or not - maybe some Badger will come forward to confirm....but I heard about 17 years ago the state of Wisconsin had a contest or vote from its residents what they wanted as the state motto for the license plates. A group of enthusiastic college students in Madison got wind of this and started 'stuffin the suggestion box. If I remember right the top two slogans were - Wisonsin: eat cheese or die and the runner up was Wisconsin; smell our 'dairy air'. The state legislature wimped out and ended up adopting the tame "America's dairyland" slogan.
Totally sounds like an urban myth but entertaining all the same...