• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Wind Turbines

jmf

Cyburbian
It is too quiet here with all those people in Denver.

I don't think anyone has asked about this before. We have had request to look at requirements/guidelines for wind turbines. Specifically turbines which are intended to take a single property off the power grid rather than full scale wind farms.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Queen B

Cyburbian
They just had a big deal about it in Butler County Kansas. They dedicated a bunch of land to a wind farm. I don't remember the specifics but it was within the last four months. If I find something I will post it.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The big wind farms (no, I am not talking about Congress, or some Cyburbian bash with baked beans, beer and brats) make a lot of noise. This was the biggest complaint of a new wind farm constructed by Madison Gas & Electric near Green Bay a couple, three years ago. Even a single tower can make noise, depending on its size. I have generally not heard of complaints about their appearance. If I were reviewing a single-user wind power generator, I would probably request information on the decibels it would produce.