• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wisconsin APA Chapter Conference Laefest

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I know there are abunch on WIsconsin planners on Cyburbia. Is anyone planning to attend the June 9-10 conference in Madison?

Wanna schedule a mini-Laefest for June 9th?

If so, I'm thinking the Great Dane brew pub, walking distance from the conference and the confrerence hotels....

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I thought that Madison had met it's limit for planners permitted within city limits, and all others are on a waiting list.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I wasn't planning to attend the conference, but I will attend the Great Dane (downtown, right?).

mgk920

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I know there are abunch on WIsconsin planners on Cyburbia. Is anyone planning to attend the June 9-10 conference in Madison?

Wanna schedule a mini-Laefest for June 9th?

If so, I'm thinking the Great Dane brew pub, walking distance from the conference and the confrerence hotels....
Got a specific time of the day? I also will not be at the conference, but I might be able to make it.

Mike

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
All The Details

WHEN: Between 6:30 and 7:00 PM Wednesday June 9, 2004
(Follows the conference reception)

WHERE: The Great Dane is located at 123 Doty Street in Madison.

Map to the Great Dane

WHY: This is Wisconsin. No one needs to ask why we're drinking beer...

yaff

Cyburbian
Would somebody please drink a "Crop Circle Wheat" in my name. Sniff Sniff

Cardinal

Cyburbian
yaff said:
Would somebody please drink a "Crop Circle Wheat" in my name. Sniff Sniff
Sorry, but I don't drink wheat beers. Can I have a brown or red ale for you instead?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
If you don't make it to the Madison, Wisconsin June 9-10 mini-Laefest;

How about meeting up in Indianapolis in October 13-14 at the Planning at the Crossroads regional conference ?

yaff

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Sorry, but I don't drink wheat beers. Can I have a brown or red ale for you instead?

Cardinal, I will be flexible as long as I get to be there in spirit. Thanks for thinking of me. I really do miss their Crop Circle Wheat beer as a nice light summer beverage. Otherwise, I generally prefer a good dark stout or guiness. I am, however, perfectly content with a nice ale though. :-D

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
JNA said:
How about meeting up in Indianapolis in October 13-14 at the Planning at the Crossroads regional conference ?
I am just finishing up my session proposal with Prudence. I'm sure we'll have a laefest there! :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I am just finishing up my session proposal with Prudence. I'm sure we'll have a laefest there! :)
October in Indianer? It should be pretty nice there at that there time of year. If I am still living around here, I may make it down.

prudence

Cyburbian
I have posted in a while, things are different when you are in the private sector...

I will be attending the Great Dane on wednesday night...

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Let me know if you all are still planning to meet. I could come by. I haven't posted in a while either.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Greenescapist said:
Let me know if you all are still planning to meet. I could come by. I haven't posted in a while either.

We are! Definitely swing by if you get a chance.