• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wish me the best, please

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I have an interview next week on the east coast about as far from the estranged bee-otch as I can get without leaving the contiguous 48. I'll be checking out the community to see if it's the right fit. 8-! If it all works out, I'm hoping my two sons will join me and leave the adulturess to her ways. I'll keep you posted on how things progress. Again, I appreciate all the PM's received.

So use this opportunity to post pad and offer your suggestions. ;-) :cool:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
You're in my thoughts. Good luck on the cross-country adventure, and hopefully in your new life. :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Best wishes. Why wouldn't the boys want to be along with their dad, the Harvard planning professor? ;-)

SGB

Cyburbian
The east coast of the U.S. rules - especially the northeast!

[shot in the dark]Enjoy your tour of Vermont [/shot in the dark] and the have a safe trip. ;)

biscuit

Cyburbian
The very best to you RJ! Let us know the day of the interview and we'll all send some good luck vibes your way. :-D

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Good luck on the interview.

I'm sure you'll get it, if you want it.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Good luck RJ....if you're around NH and have some time, drop me a PM to share divorce stories over a :b: or 2. :)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Good luck! Since you don't seem too keen on Idaho winters, I'm guessing Florida.

Last edited:

Budgie

Cyburbian
I sincerely hope for the best. I hope you've taken in introspective look and found the path you must take for you and the kids. Hang in there and try not to harbor too much resentment. It'll make you feel down and won't accomplish anything.

In the immortal words of Les Claypool, "Is it lucky?"

tsc

Cyburbian
Good luck from born/raised North Easterner..... don't be afraid of mud season.... it gets better.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Good luck with the interview, and starting over.

I've been right where you are. It'll work out.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Wish

Good luck. This is not an easy time as I'm sure you know. If I made it through anyone can. Remember the kids but also take care of yourself.

Jen

Cyburbian
This ain't your last post I hope!!

stay well, enjoy the cross country drive and best of luck to you!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Jake - You know you have my best wishes. Enjoy the new scenery, and clear your mind before the interview. Go get em.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Good luck, I hope everything works out for ya, big guy.

JNL

Cyburbian
All the best RJ. Remembering that the breakup was the right decision helped get me through after a long-term relationship ended. One chapter is finished, and another begins.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Hey wishing you all the best wave as you fly over,

Be Happy, Look Forward and Move ON...

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and best wishes--it really means a lot. Indeed, I'll be waving from the plane to all of you as I cross the country. My interview is next Thursday morning on the gulf coast of Florida. :cool:

Rem

Cyburbian
RJ I hope the job and the town are what you hope for and the interview goes well.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Best of luck...remember to say that you understand stuff...like...concurrency,
growth management laws, Rule 9-J5, Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs), comp plans can only be amended twice a year unless its a new DRI, review of comp plan text and future land use map changes require review by the St. Dept. of Community Affairs (DCA). Let me know if you have some specific questions on review processes that you would like answered. ;-)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
Best of luck...remember to say that you understand stuff...like...concurrency,
growth management laws, Rule 9-J5, Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs), comp plans can only be amended twice a year unless its a new DRI, review of comp plan text and future land use map changes require review by the St. Dept. of Community Affairs (DCA). Let me know if you have some specific questions on review processes that you would like answered. ;-)
Don't forget that St Joe Paper Co is the god of the panhandle... ;-) They have sucked in many former state planning officials and I think they own more land out there than the gov'mint. They're selling most of their holdings either to the state, or to developers.
SC is a great resource on FL comp planning and transportation issues, while I, naturally, do zoning stuff. Trail Nazi being similarly explanatory.