• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Woo-Hoo!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
[BRAG]

Today's mail included the following:

"I am pleased to inform you that the Whitewater CDA's award entry has been selected as the winner of the Economic Development Research Report Award given by the International Economic Development Council for a project located in an area with a population less than 50,000."

Yours truly wrote the report, A Back Office and Telecommunications-Based Economic Development Strategy for the City of Whitewater, Wisconsin."

[/BRAG]

SGB

Cyburbian
Congratulations!!

Is the report posted online, so that we might learn from your recongnized expertise?

donk

Cyburbian
congrats, hope this makes finding a new job easier for you.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
SGB said:
Congratulations!!

Is the report posted online, so that we might learn from your recongnized expertise?
We made the decision not to post the report on-line, since it is (gasp!) an honest assessment of the community's competitive strengths and weaknesses. If you want a copy, PM me with your e-mail. It is a large file if you have dial-up (four pdf files, 3-3.5 MB total).

Michele Zone

BANNED
So does that 'award' award you any money for making your great plans a reality? (probably not).

And how would I PM you if I wanted to express my personal interest in plagiarizing? er, I mean, learning from your greatness? (Remember: I am new here so I have yet to figure out all the technical stuff -- or even the local abbreviations.)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
big atta boy!

is the award more than just a piece of paper?
do you get go anywhere to collect it?

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
PM messages are easy. All you do is click the button below the thread that says "message". Don't worry, it took me a while to figure out the technical stuff.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
JNA said:
is the award more than just a piece of paper?
do you get go anywhere to collect it?
I'm not sure what it will look like - probably a plaque of some sort. I doubt if I'll know more before then, and they won't be doing a press release until then. They didn't want recipients to notify the local media either. I wonder if Cyburbia counts. As for where - here's the exciting part - Cincinnati! Ooooo! The Ohio Riviera!

(For those in the Cincinnati region, I am actually looking forward to seeing that part of the country, which I usually just drive through,and open to suggestions of interesting small towns.)