• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Words to describe your day

otterpop

Cyburbian
Pretty damn good.

I went to a meeting I wasn't looking forward to, but the facilitator was gorgeous. So I spent two and a half hours looking at the female human equivalent of a sunset over the Grand Canyon. :D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Concerning
Potentially frightening
more testing scheduled

michaelskis

Cyburbian
The words to describe my day would likely get me carded. Thank goodness I work with some very cool people and I get to go home to my wife and three little guys.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Long.
Drawn Out.
Too much to do.
Snarfblat.

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
Boring
Quiet
Slow
Dangerous (walking 300 yards along a high-speed, well-traveled road with a very narrow shoulder and tall grass in an exurban area to take a picture of a sign)

Veloise

Cyburbian
mortified

At the Honk Fest, a staffer from a nearby establishment realized the safety implications being caused by one of the performing bands. She let them know that they needed to move down the alley and away from the store entrances.

One of the musicians took umbrage. He walked over to her and kept playing his part, loudly, blaring at her. And when they finished the set and played their exit music, he gave her a one-finger salute.

There is no excuse for that, fellow Michigander sousaphone. I apologized to her on behalf of my cross-state colleague.

Midori

Cyburbian
Panicked
Crisis mode
Emotional disengagement for self-preservation (That's a lot of words.)

We'll be back up and running as soon as we can stop breathing into the brown paper bag.