• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Daily things 5️⃣ Words to describe your day

michaelskis

Cyburbian
How about 1000 words, or the equivalent.

d148308515e01059d7d6f96dc99e5936.jpg

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Exhausting... every work day right now is exhausting...
Yes, one thing I've noticed after working from home for a year is that my physical, emotional, and spiritual state are notably worse by 5:00 now that I'm back to in-person. I feel beaten down at the end of the day and want nothing more than to crack open a beer and veg out as soon as I get home. Like I have nothing left to give. Things like tending to the garden don't give me pleasure when I'm in that state.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Yes, one thing I've noticed after working from home for a year is that my physical, emotional, and spiritual state are notably worse by 5:00 now that I'm back to in-person. I feel beaten down at the end of the day and want nothing more than to crack open a beer and veg out as soon as I get home. Like I have nothing left to give. Things like tending to the garden don't give me pleasure when I'm in that state.
Yes! It's not a good place to be.

If the whole world is in this state, at least in part due to covid, how do we get past it?

(For me, it's not really COVID-related, but the pandemic certainly hasn't helped.)