• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

work out for the adventurous

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
"Slavercise" - the new work out for new century, coming to a town near you.

Boy is it a crazy world out there.

So instead of showing up for excersice class with a gym bag with a towel, tennis shoes, yoga mat and water in it , you bring your latex jump suit, hand cuffs, and a dog leash!

Only in New York.

Last edited:

BKM

Cyburbian
Most middle aged persons (myself included) should not be seen in public in a latex body suit. Eeew!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
What the???

Where do these people come up with this stuff. Not too long ago, I seen a TV report on how some women are useing Poll Dancing as a work out. That was a bit of a surprize, but this is too much. I know it would be just a bit overboard for my taste.

If she opened a gym, would it be an adult business?

donk

Cyburbian
This reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut story ( I am pretty sure, it may have been Kilgore Trout) where they hire different fetishists to be ambassadors to different planets. The funniest example used was hiring somone who liked the smell of dog $**t to travel to a planet run by canines. To each his own.

As for the money, the story says $20 per person and private "lessons" start at $130/hr. Sounds lucrative, nice work if you can get it and stand looking at flabby people.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
humm would it be a S.O.B.

i dont think so

1) no parts are showing
2) no one is touching parts
3) no one is seeing vids of parts or acts
4) no acts are being simulated

just becouse they are dressed funny or she has a new way to market her work out i think its not a SOB

and im serious here, how would you say its a SOB?

PG

BKM

Cyburbian
I still remember one of my coworkers being forced to read aloud to a very buxom member of the "adult entertainment industry" the VERY specific standards in our adult business zoning ordinance. I don't think it is possible to turn more red.

el Guapo

Capitalist
You call that Humilliation in a work out...No this is a hummilating work out...

I would like to offer the Federally Certified and El Guapo approved Hummilating Work Out (tm) to those interested in humiliation and being punished for their existence. It begins at 3:00 am one morning. You are required by law to attend because you signed a contract. You do an endless series of push-ups and sit-ups while I spray you with the garden hose and scream obscenities at you in 40 Degree F. weather. You get lectures on your failings and why you are a wimp for thinking liberal thoughts. It ends with a 6-mile run while you scream very un-PC phrases that rhyme into the early morning air. The best part is they pay you $1000 a month to join the "health club”.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
HMMMM,

Sounds an aweful lot like the armed services. NO THANKS

Even if they are going to pay me.

I think I would rather wear a mask and latex body suit and have a woman beat with a whip and yell at me for an hour while I pay her $20.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Each day I keep losing faith in humanity... Oh welll it's their money, and they want to!, but that doesn't take away the weird factor. (Sorry Weirdos :p)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
OH BOY!

Don't get me wrong, masks and latex body suites aren't my forte.

It is just I would rather be humilitated while "Slaverciseing"
than getting paid to risk my life for Dubya or some other joker in Washington.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I find it interesting... I sure do need some type of incentive to get my arse to the gym. So good for those people that actually find something fun to get them to work out. For me, I think it would be better if she came to my house and whipped me until I got off the couch and out the door with my gym bag. ;)

BKM

Cyburbian
It seems like I can always find some excuse not to exercise.

Somehting to make up for my horrible food habits

I thought "Good, Dailight Savings TIme, bicycling after work" but it is completely overcast, threatening rain, and 50 degrees. Enough already-its April!

nerudite

Cyburbian
BKM said:
I thought "Good, Dailight Savings TIme, bicycling after work" but it is completely overcast, threatening rain, and 50 degrees. Enough already-its April!
It snowed yesterday here. Feel lucky, babe!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Spinning class is torture enough without a dominatrix whacking you with a riding crop.

donk

Cyburbian
I'd kill to be able to ride in 50 degree weather with a threat of rain. Today it is -10C with a windchill of -20C. When will summer ever come?

Spin classes are no fun. A good looking women with a whip might make them better.

BKM

Cyburbian
That's why I could never leave California (don't really like AZ or the Southeast): my blood has become horribly thin. I am a cold-weather sissy when it comes to riding in cooler weather.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
A morning radio show in town was talking about slavercize this morning. I think they hit it on the head (no pun intended) -- S&M is sooo passe'. Its not newsworthy anymore.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I'm a lazy slob...(and thankfully thin ;)) and this kind of dominatrix shit wouldn't make me do any more excercise than what I do today :p

BTW, I hear that your winter is having problems leaving... Here summer just doesn't want to leave :p (I say this in no way to mock or create jelousy). I can't wait to start hibernating and the god damn summer won't leave ;) :p

Now that I'm pregnant, everyone keeps asking me "Have you been exercising?" Sorry, the constant dizziness and nausea have kept me from hopping over to the gym and on the elliptical trainer. BUT, when it isn't too cold out, walks around the block have significantly helped. But I can only imagine the old people in my neighborhood peeping out their windows to watch a dominatrix harrass me while I'm walking down the street. :)