• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Working for the WOMAN

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
[yay]
Kudos, little mama
[/yay]

edit: The little mama comment was meant to be tougue in cheek, like the angry white man supressing the wife, not serious, lighten up folks.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Wow.. I hope she does well as a Chief (not saying she won't because she's a woman...), and will fight fierously crime. :)
A good way to show that women also have the same opportunities! :-}

Habanero

Cyburbian
Chet said:
[yay]
Kudos, little mama
[/yay]

edit: The little mama comment was meant to be tougue in cheek, like the angry white man supressing the wife, not serious, lighten up folks.
I am so utterly offended by that statement, how dare you think we wouldn't understand that was tounge in cheek!! :p

el Guapo

Capitalist
Why do "stern women" in traditionally male jobs ALWAYS have THAT haircut? I call it the Navratilova.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Why do "stern women" in traditionally male jobs ALWAYS have THAT haircut? I call it the Navratilova.
I don't think Cyburbia has any "stern" women who can answer that one!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
el Guapo said:
Why do "stern women" in traditionally male jobs ALWAYS have THAT haircut?
Why do baseball players all have goatees?

I worked under a stern, humorless female planning director once, and she didn't have the "Navratilova."