• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Working in the Cutover

OLY

Greetings;
I am currently working as a contractor for a regional University on a watershed planning project. At the same time, I am working on a thesis on the comprehensive planning process, with a focus on the process of generating plan goals and objectives.

My next move will be joining the Center for Land Use Education here in Wisconsin, doing Extention work with communities in Wisconsin, mostly Northern Wisconsin.

I look forward to communicating with the range of participants in this forum and drawing on their past experiences!

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome, from a rural regional planner in South Central New York State.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
...Another wisconsinite joins the fold... welcome.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from another of the many Midwesterners here.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome from a "Fast Time" county in south central Indiana.

PlannerGirl said:
Welcome from the Washington DC metro area and home of brood X!
PlannerGirl: Are they out yet where you are??? They aren't out yet here. Something about the ground having to reach constant temp of 68F or above.
Man, I HATE cicadas 8-!

boiker

Cyburbian
welcome from Peoria, IL in the not-quite-as-flat-as-the-prior-mentioned-flatlands portion of Illinois

Welcome aboard! from an environmental studies major with fantasies of careerdom in this fine field of work. :-D

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Welcome from India. :)
Watershed Planning is fast catching up here in India. Mostly applied in the rural areas, the government is trying to utilise the NGO's and with the help of satellite data, there have been some positive results.
But still there's a long way to go.
And what an exciting subject this watershed planning and management is!! :)

JNL

Cyburbian
OLY - Haere mai (welcome) from New Zealand :)

I am curious - what are the objectives of a Center for Land Use Education? What is taught?

Budgie

Cyburbian
Welcome from one who hails from the geographic center of the contiguous 48.