• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

World Town Planning Day

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Nope, but we're having a brewhaha for GIS Day on Nov. 21st.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Nope.

El Guapo said:
Just cleaning guns as usual
Cleaning 'em again? What ... you head to the range again in the past few days?

A couple of weeks after EG visits the in-laws ...

:)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Re: Nope.

Dan said:

Cleaning 'em again? What ... you head to the range again in the past few days?:)
[ot]Hey Dan! Did you get your photos developed yet?
I can't wait to see them.[/ot]

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Re: Re: Nope.

El Guapo said:
[ot]Hey Dan! Did you get your photos developed yet?
I can't wait to see them.[/ot]
Not yet ... it's kinda' moot while I'm here in Buffalo, because my parents don't have a scanner. HOWEVER ... I'll be going back to Florida the long way, through KC again, so I can take a few days to do some apartment hunting.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Good Luck finding a place that will let you have dogs. When are you coming through?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I have a wonderful house you can rent/buy in MO, Dan!

It's only 2 hours south of K.C....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo said:
Good Luck finding a place that will let you have dogs. When are you coming through?
[ot]I'm leaving Buffalo on Monday, so that means I arrive back in KC on Wednesday. (This time, I'll check out the Chicago/Des Moines route.) I'll stay long enough to find an apartment or rental house, sign a lease, get all the utilities and everything taken care of, and get back to Orlando.

I do have to stop in Atlanta along the way back, though, to visit my biological brothers; they're both living in Chamblee.

Bailey got a good grooming, so she's looking much less shaggy. I think it might be easier finding a house or townhouse than an apartment in some complex; in fact, that's preferable. I'd be looking in Prairie Village, Leawood, the north side of Overland Park, and possibly KCMO, in the Waldo neighborhood or points south. [/ot]

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dan- Through Chicago on Tuesday? What time? Maybe I can bug out long enough to buy ya lunch or dinner. Email me if you want to.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bturk said:
Dan- Through Chicago on Tuesday? What time? Maybe I can bug out long enough to buy ya lunch or dinner. Email me if you want to.
[ot]Kinda' late on Monday ... it's about an eight hour drive between Buffalo and Chicago, accounting for fast driving and the usual gas and bodily function stops. I don't know what time, though ... weather is always a factor along the south shore of Lake Erie, and Indiana is known for strange construction practices, such as closing off one land of Interstate for 40 miles in either direction of a worker spot-welding a railing.

I'd be in the southern 'burbs, probably, although I could dive into the city if I get there early enough. I'm _very_ familiar ith Chicago, so getting arounf the city without a map is no problem.[/ot]