• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Worst Movie

We've done favorite movies before, so now it's time for a twist. What's the worst movie that you've ever seen?

BEK and I went to see "Freddy vs. Jason" a couple of weeks ago knowing it was going to be incredibly stupid, but DAMN. Talk about a movie with absolutely NO redeeming qualities whatsoever!!!!!

Tom R

Cyburbian
movie

When my kid was younger, I had to sit through the Poke' Mon movie. Subtle but pure torture.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Back in grad school, a friend of mine talked me into seeing a foreign film that had been critically acclaimed. Unitl the End of the World was three and a half hours of pure torture, with a plot that was impossible to follow and that appeared to end several times, only to continue.

"The story, set during 1999 when a runaway nuclear-armed satellite threatens to destroy the world, centers on a woman following a mysterious man who is busy returing his father's valuable invention: namely a device that takes photos which blind people can see."

By the time it ended there were not more than a half dozen people left in the theater.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
BEK and I went to see "Freddy vs. Jason" a couple of weeks ago knowing it was going to be incredibly stupid, but DAMN. Talk about a movie with absolutely NO redeeming qualities whatsoever!!!!!
"Freddy vs. Jason" sucked big-time...the absolute worst movie ever made!!! "Joe Versus the Volcano," with Tom Hanks, is the second worst movie in my opinion.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Solaris was horrible. I wanted to walk out, but I had already paid 8 bucks. Not sure if it is the worst I ever saw, but it was close. America's Sweethearts was terrible too.

Anything with Sylvester Stallone

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Reign of Fire (dragons nearly wipe man from earth, dragons smarter than man, man gets clever and figures out how to beat inarticulate, canabalistic, super genius beasts)

Crapy story line, Inconsistent story line, Improbable events

Good thing I didn't pay to see it

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
I'm usually pretty forgiving, and can suspend disbelief pretty far. The only movie I've ever walked out of the theater for was Species 2. Not even the couple of gratuitous nude scenes could hold my attention.

tsc

Cyburbian
i'll get crap for this...

Pulp Fiction
Fatal Attraction

and on a related not

CATS... is the worst musical ever.....walked out (more like ran) during intermission and didn't look back. What the @#@$$ is a jellicle cat anyway????

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
tsc said:
Fatal Attraction
Is this because you say you look like Glenn Close (in the celebrity look alike thread) and didn't like the idea of people thinking you're going to kill their bunny rabbit?

Or are you more like a "Dangerous Liasons" Glenn Close? ;) GrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The Eden Myth - Independent film about a young man who finds out that his family is evil and inscestual.

Feeling Minnesota

Dogma - I know people like Kevin Smith but I couldn't stand the 2 hours of biblical blabbering.

I'm getting so sick of crime movies. Every other video features a gun and a mysterious briefcase of money.

I want to rent Gigli just to see how bad it is.

Otis

Cyburbian
This is going back a ways, but my all-time least favorite movie is "Tell Them Willie Boy is Here" starring alleged wife-murdering Robert Blake.

It's hard to pick a worst recent movie. There are so many to choose from. Maybe "My Big Fat [Insert Favorite Ethnic Group Here] Wedding"

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jmf said:
Are you Kidding??? I LOVE that movie!

My worst list includes:

Attack of the Killer Tomatos, and

Battlefield Earth (which was a great book)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Showgirls
But Planderella, the use of g-strings was incredible. And the lighting, drama, script, and storyline was of Oscar caliber! But seriously, how could I forget Herucles in New York. I think this was Arnold Schwarzenegger's first movie. His voice had to be dubbed. Truly a bad bad movie.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Masters of the Universe - The live action He-Man movie made back in the eighties. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking that it was bad.

pandersen

Cyburbian
"Creep Show 2"

3 mini stories in one movie - the one I recall involves a hitch-hiker that gets repeatedly runb over by a lady in a Mercedes. Each time the guy gets hit he says "thans, thanks for the ride, lady"

otterpop

Cyburbian
I agree with Planderella -- Showgirls -- was the worst movie I can recall seeing. Here is a movie where there are beautiful women who are near-naked and naked most of the time, and I still wanted to turn it off. I didn't turn if off, though, because there were beautiful naked and near-naked women. Elizabeth Berkeley, as an actress, has the range of a Daisy air rifle.

jmf

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Are you Kidding??? I LOVE that movie!
Sorry Chet, we will just have to agree to disagree. The more I think about it the more I hate it and I saw it a long time ago.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Maid in Manhattan
Legend of Boggy Creek (bigfoot in Texarkana)
Trog (Joan Crawford discovers Neandertal)
The Wicker Man

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
jmf said:
I'm with Chet...I like Kingpin.

Perhaps we need a thread of great "bad" movies...that is those movies with stupid/no plot, but are funny or srtangely enjoyable.

My examples of such good "bad"movies:

Kingpin
Strange Brew
Plan 9 From Outer Space
The Waterboy

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Put me down for liking Kingpin (well, not disliking it) and Showgirls. With showgirls, though, you do need to turn off the sound.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I also like Kingpin and Showgirls (especially the pool scene).

BKM

Cyburbian
Not a big movie watcher, but some of my worst list include:

Fargo. Absolutely unwatchable! The overdone accents, the nihilism, etc.

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Awful stuff. Absolutely awful. Maybe I am more conservative than I think, but this kind of nihilism represents a culture gone bad. And I like movie violence-but these movies made me feel dirty.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Dude, Where's My Car?

I'm embarrassed to say I saw it. It had one funny scene, but mostly when I laughed it was because how ridiculous the whole thing was.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I remember seeing a parody of the blue lagoon :p

Worst movie(s): Anything with William Schattner (sp?)/ Anything that was shown in MST3k...(special mention to: "Manos: the hands of Fate")

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
28 days later. At the end of the movie, the guy sitting next to me stood up and screamed "that was the worst movie i have ever seen!"

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Apparently "Resident Evil 2" is being filmed right now in and around City Hall here. Wonder if that one will end up on this list one day...

Tom R

Cyburbian
huh?

Fargo. Absolutely unwatchable! The overdone accents, the nihilism, etc.

I'm amazed that someone didn't like Fargo. Amazed.

steveanne

Leprechaun's One through Three

Leprechaun 4, In Sapce

Leprechaun 5, In the Hood.

And because the fifth installment must have been such a huge hit:

Leprechaun 6, Back in the Hood