• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wow, its Casual Friday!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
You guys want to hear something awesome? Today at work is something called "Casual Friday." That means we get to wear jeans to work! Imagine that! You guys must be jealous, huh? Instead of my usual dockers, I'm stylin' in my Levi's, baby! This place rocks, its like working for one of those cool San Fransisco software companies. They obviously really care about their employees here. I am energized!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Oh yeah!
I'm styling in my low rider jeans and tennis shoes right now, and I know y'all are jealous.

Well, to tell the truth, I'm wearing jeans and tennis shoes because I have been "recruited" to move furniture around the department. Sometimes I get the feeing that the only reason I was hired here was to pick up heavy stuff and reach the tall shelves. :-\

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Cargos and a turtle neck sweater here. I'll probably regret the sweater in the afternoon when the sun comes 'round and turns the office into a sauna.

Dragon

Cyburbian
Jeans, a pullover, and tennis shoes for me today as well. Didn't even have to shave :-D

biscuit said:
Sometimes I get the feeing that the only reason I was hired here was to pick up heavy stuff and reach the tall shelves. :-\
I know that feeling |-) .

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
It is casual around here on Friday and on some Thursdays.

Today I'm sporting lot-top hiking shoes, cargo pants, a moisture wicking mock turtle neck zip up shirt and a black vest on top.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-#

I am in a shirt and tie.... Oh yea, and dressy pants... Even on casual days (where we pay $5 for charity on one day in the past 6 months) guys are to "look professional" aka... we still have to wear a tie

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Levis, Oxford with vest, casual shoes.

The previous administration would have flipped to see anybody in jeans. They mandated ties (minimally) and skirts for the women-folk -- all without revising the personnel policy (control freaks).

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Jeans and a turtleneck. We're business very casual except when we have hearings, then we break out the formalwear. almost wore sandals, too, but 34 is still a little cold for that....

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Auf Deutsch

Ja, es ist causaliche Freitag heir, auch.

Sehen:
1418P2270001-med.jpg

(das ist mich)

Last edited:

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
mendelman said:
It's casual Freitag here, too.

(that's me by the way)
That sound you hear is your fellow cyburbanites opening up photoshop to have some fun!

I think the Men of Cyburbia calendar just got it's first candidate.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Jeans today for me and a button down long sleeve shirt with my funky shoes. I don't normally wear jeans (even on casual Friday), but I only have a half day today. :) :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
That sound you hear is...

I almost that you were going to start quoting the Rock, for a second there . ;-)

boiker

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
It's casual Freitag here, too.

See:
1418P2270001-med.jpg
(that's me by the way)

HA! you now have to wear your name tag dangeling around your neck in memory of me.

btw, here's my stylin styles today.

Attachments

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
The great thing about working in Park Planning, you can wear jeans any day of the week. Sorry PG, that is one of the few advantages to working over here.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Cargos and a turtle neck sweater here. I'll probably regret the sweater in the afternoon when the sun comes 'round and turns the office into a sauna.

Same here. I'm chillin' in my t-neck sweater and cargo pants. Damn, it's chilly in the Big Easy today! :-D

BKM

Cyburbian
Its always pretty casual here, although we have our clothes horses (male).

My usual dress, Friday or not, is chinos and a nice sweater over a tee.

Except for BIG meetings and Planning Commission/City Council, where it is coat and tie (although I omitted the tie Wednesday night, and nobody said anything.)

My clothes problem right now: Too fat, and don't want to buy bigger clothes :(

otterpop

Cyburbian
Our office is very lax in the dress code, so casual Fridays takes imagination. Pretty much you are only required to wear a shirt, pants, and shoes. I'm not really a jeans sort of guy, so I wear docker-type pants and a button-down shirt every work day. In the summer I do wear a Hawaiian shirt on Friday. We can waer shorts in the summer.

I don't wear jeans to work unless I am doing a site inspection where it will be muddy or I have to cross a barbed wire fence. Some of our planners always wear jeans.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Pretty casual everyday in north Idaho. Jeans, golf shirt and Woolrich vest for me today. Usually a tie, button down shirt and dockers for public hearings.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
My first action as administrator was casual Friday.... jeans and a polo today. I do pretty much wear the planner uniform the rest of the week though.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Amatuers, today is stay at home friday because they won't let you work over-time day.

Its pretty much casual all week.

biscuit

Cyburbian
H said:
I wont be satisfied until I can wear my flip-flops :)
....or sandals. This would be an even better place to work if I could wear a pair of Chacos to the office. :)

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
....or sandals. This would be an even better place to work if I could wear a pair of Chacos to the office. :)
I can wear mine here...or could if it would warm up just a little....Chacos always make me want to go hiking, though. The day it's warm enough to wear the Chacos is the day I go off on extended outdoor site visits... :-D

Rem

Cyburbian
The last Friday of the month is always a jeans day here. You pay a couple of dollars for a charity too same as Michaelskis. I very rarely wear jeans though - I usually have appointments with outsiders that I prefer to wear business clothes to.

JNL

Cyburbian
Every day is casual day here - I work in a laboratory :) So a lot of people wear jeans and t-shirts, plus lab coats or overalls. I dress up sometimes if I feel like it - today I'm wearing a red shirt and black pants.

I'm feeling so fancy today in my cords and sweater, after three months in tank tops and pajama pants!

Rem

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
I'm feeling so fancy today in my cords and sweater, after three months in tank tops and pajama pants!
We tried a tank top and pyjamas Thursday a few years ago. It's gone down as a never to be repeated experiment that is now used in EEO and workplace harrassment training as a case study. The names are changed to protect the guilty. ;-)

donk

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Trails planning, too!
Being between jobs too.

I only lasted a few days before the lure of the addiction called.