• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 wow

imaplanner

Cyburbian
I just discovered this forum. Pretty neat. I don't hang out with too many planners who are really into planning other than for pay. I guess I am more of a rural planner lately than an urban planner - do I still fit in here? ;-)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome! Yes all sorts of planners (and non planner types) are welcome here. May yourself at home and join the fun.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Rural planning? Let me make you feel at home ...

"Get the hell off my prop'ty, before you end up like this here eight point buck."

;)

Seriously, you'll find feedlot talk here, too. Welcome to Cyburbia.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Welcome from the inland northwest. :b: I'm also a rural planner but some to be migrating back to the urban/suburban field.

Edit: I'm also originally from No. California.

Last edited:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from southern Indiana where we are working in "fast time". Although I am an urban planner, I have a tractor supply company I just approved as a PUDD and a feed store. Both are located very near my downtown. You will no doubt enjoy posting here.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
imaplanner said:
rural planner lately than an urban planner - do I still fit in here? ;-)
If you can type, and like to interact with people, you will fit in... I would love to hear some of your thoughts on Regional Planning. I grew up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and it is almost ALL rual up there.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
welcome from southwestern Indiana
Where we have a "Rural King" store in the city, adaptive reuse of an old K-Mart.

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from a suburban escapee working as a rural planner in central New York.

Have a :b: . "Don't cost nothin'."

:-D

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome from a former Northern Cali planner.... now central Alberta planner. :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago!

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Welcome from Decatur IL, America's Agribusiness Center. We're negotiating with Rural King, too.

Habanero

Cyburbian
imaplanner said:
snip- I don't hang out with too many planners who are really into planning other than for pay.-snip-
People do this for the pay!?! 8-!

Welcome for the Valley of the Sun!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Welcome from the not-so-urban part of the Heartland, although we do have farms w/in a twenty-minute drive of the CBD....

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome from a misplaced Southerner in the city at the confluence that forms the mighty Ohio River.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Hi and Welcome from an Urban and Regional Planner from India( still primarily an agrarian economy). Out here, theres a lot of rural in that region mind you. :)
Have great fun and learning in Cyburbia.

Budgie

Cyburbian
imaplanner said:
I just discovered this forum. Pretty neat. I don't hang out with too many planners who are really into planning other than for pay.
I tend to eat, drink, breathe and sleep planning and community. Welcome, Imaplanner. Enjoy !!

pandersen

Cyburbian
rural planner

Budgie said:
I tend to eat, drink, breathe and sleep planning and community. Welcome, Imaplanner. Enjoy !!
Welcome - from rural Manitoba, Canada -eh!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Welcome from the South West Corner of the one and only Mitten State.

Where bouts are you in N. Cali.? I have a cusion who attended Humbolt Unitversity and lives in Arcata. I hear it is a great place up there.

Joinin in on the fun and you may even learn something.

Glasshouse

Cyburbian
Welcome from the redneck city of Vandalia Illinois where the cows and crops make all the bank drops

Except mine.

Bob.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Greetings from a part of Florida where we are trying to preserve what's left of "old Florida", the rural character.

Rem

Cyburbian
Hello and welcome - there are plenty of rural issues discussed here from time to time so you should stick around.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Greetings from a Floridian learning about the rural areas of the PA Dutch Country. I hope that you like it here.