• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

WTF Wednesday

gtpeach

Cyburbian
It was just announced that Trump is going to be the commencement speaker at the big university's graduation here in town. I'm very thankful that I already have plans to be out of the country during that time!

It was just announced that Trump is going to be the commencement speaker at the big university's graduation here in town. I'm very thankful that I already have plans to be out of the country during that time!
To use his own words: Sad that a so-called university/religion that allegedly embraces tolerace/forgiveness and inclusiveness would be on board with this.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
So we're gonna get Junior tested for ADD today. I'm sure they're going to tell us he's got it bad. Not sure how to respond, though, when they advise us to start him on medication.

So we're gonna get Junior tested for ADD today. I'm sure they're going to tell us he's got it bad. Not sure how to respond, though, when they advise us to start him on medication.
That is not fun. Hopefully they can give you other suggestions related to diet and activity too.

The pollen clouds are destroying my allergies right now. Last night I slept kind of like I had been drinking half the night, you know, where you are kind of resting, slightly awake, and super tired when you get up. However I did not have anything to drink yesterday.

Recent storms have caused some serious flooding issues in the region. Wife just informed me that she has to stay late because a co-worker of hers got flooded out of their house this morning.

Workout at the gym was good, but some yahoo in a SAAB pulled into a parking space that I was waiting to turn left into (blinker on and everything). I pulled to the end of the parking lot, but I found it funny that someone would be so lazy that they would steal a parking space from me to be closer to the building, only to go inside and workout. That is just stupid, even on leg day.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I have a lot of work to do - I have a headache - it's raining and foggy - I have a meeting tonight - and my 18 year old is going to put me in an early grave - wtf

Been there, done that. We medicate a tiny amount and use diet and other tools (including essential oils and activity). And our neuro likes backing off meds over summers too, so that helps.

I had a case of wine delivered to my house. Even better, I forgot I ordered it. Hello wine Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Still haven't bought the new car yet. It's TOUGH to find a good used car these days. On a side note I am shocked at all the major mechanical problems I'm hearing about in cars manufactured quite recently. Talking like 2012, 2013, or even 2014. I thought we had lemon laws.:-|

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Things to do during my vacation that really don't have much 'vacation' about them include:
paint trim on house
probably have uncomfortable discussion with a family member
get brakes fixed
read books about various psychological disorders
'celebrate' Father's Day with FIL
keep on top of Junior's tutoring

My employer might be laying off 200 employees today... budget woes due partially to retirement pension obligations and decisions. Fortunately the Planning Dept. is safe. This probably isn't very PC of me to say but it pisses me off that people are losing their jobs but the retirees won't be affected at all.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I have a new car and I have worked so hard to keep it clean and today I took the trash to the dump and one of the bags leaked all over the seat :-c:'(+o(x|:yell:|:wall::x::toilet:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Odd, it seems like there were more fireworks going off in the neighborhood on Sunday and Monday nights than on the 4th itself. Usually neighborhood fireworks continue unabated until a good five days or so after Independence Day. We'll see how it goes tonight.

dvdneal

Cyburbian
The neighborhood had a bunch on the 3rd and did a good show on the 4th. My hood is usually pretty good about being done on the 4th.

kms

Cyburbian
A job applicant called up to find out what time his interview is, postponed it 30 minutes and still isn't here.