• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

WTF Wednesday

Bubba

Cyburbian
Penne with white clam sauce for breakfast today - I make strange choices sometimes...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I had my teeth cleaned yesterday. Ever feel reluctant to eat something after you've had a good dental cleaning? Your teeth feel so clean and you really don't want to gunk them up eating Doritos or pepperoni pizza.

kms

Cyburbian
I had my teeth cleaned yesterday. Ever feel reluctant to eat something after you've had a good dental cleaning? Your teeth feel so clean and you really don't want to gunk them up eating Doritos or pepperoni pizza.
I'm in dental cleaning prep mode. No garlic until after my appointment tomorrow.

Planit

Cyburbian
I'm in dental cleaning prep mode. No garlic until after my appointment tomorrow.
Eat a couple Oreos in the waiting room before your go back to see the hygienist. That would be fun. :D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Eat a couple Oreos in the waiting room before your go back to see the hygienist. That would be fun. :D
It would make the hygienist's job much easier by visibly showing where food accumulates on one's teeth. Takes all the guesswork out of it.

It would make the hygienist's job much easier by visibly showing where food accumulates on one's teeth. Takes all the guesswork out of it.
Oh. My. God. This comment just reminded me of 2nd grade when we had a teeth brushing session. They would give us these purpose tablets to put in your mouth and they would allegedly stick to all the plaque on your teeth and you had to brush them until it was gone. It was easily the worst tasting stuff I've ever put in my mouth. I used to fake taking my tablet and stand in a corner brushing my teeth so the teacher wouldn't know. It was awful!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
So, there are five new items and one old item on the next ZBA agenda. That's about twice as many cases we normally deal with.

dvdneal

Cyburbian
If you're dropping off kids at school just wait in line with the rest of the cars along the curb until you get close enough. Stop driving around everyone to steal the spot of the car that just left.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I get that we women are done with men saying "Hey, smile!" and they can't accept a frown as a resting face but I am so done with women scowling as they drive past you, say in a parking lot, if someone makes eye contact with me like that, I give a pleasant half smile and lately it is met with a stuck up scowl - really? in this world of ignorance right now, can we just give a half pleasant look to each other when acquainted, even for a mere 2 seconds? wtf

My boss is still on vacation. She went on her first longer than a 3 day weekend since starting here, and is in Europe.

My day started with the City Manager (CM) emailing me at 5:00am requesting my presence at a 7:30 meeting. I didn't even see the email until 6:30, by which it's too late to change the morning routine. So I beg my building inspector to go, since he lives close by. Problem? It's the first day of school here. So my BI takes his daughter with him (she sat in the car, but still). I end up missing the entire meeting because of a wreck on the first leg of my journey.

Now I'm stressing over something else, as well. It's a deal that I can't give out details, but the attorney is so slow in responding, so the CM and I are already talking to the other party before the attorney evens finishes reading the damn thing.

I'm in interviews for a GC for a city project all day, yet still have to get sh!t done for tomorrow's CC meeting. Plus I need to get a staff report done for a non-compliant shed in the historic district, and right now I really don't care that it's non-compliant.

This is all in addition to regularly scheduled work activities.

I want to curl up under my desk and suck my thumb.

kms

Cyburbian
I get that we women are done with men saying "Hey, smile!" and they can't accept a frown as a resting face but I am so done with women scowling as they drive past you, say in a parking lot, if someone makes eye contact with me like that, I give a pleasant half smile and lately it is met with a stuck up scowl - really? in this world of ignorance right now, can we just give a half pleasant look to each other when acquainted, even for a mere 2 seconds? wtf
It goes for men, too. I've begun mimicking their sullen expressions after they pass me. Maybe I'll understand why they're sullen.

dvdneal

Cyburbian
I've got a guy complaining about a bunch of properties. The fun part, his ex owns the land after the divorce and the problem was something he did and she just got stuck with. Stuff like his then wife did a home business to do dog grooming. It's okay as long as you don't charge to board the dogs. He's saying she's got all kinds of kennels. :r:

gtpeach

Cyburbian
I was informed yesterday that the organizers of the big music festival that takes place in my new locality each year give out staff passes to all kinds of county staff and their family members. Some of them make sense - Economic Development probably should get a staff pass, I get that the County Administrator could possibly need a pass for a legitimate work purpose. Building Official definitely should be able to get in if needed.
But I declined a pass based on the AICP code of ethics, which turned into a huge ordeal. I did buy a one-day pass because it seemed really important to them that I go, and between the pass and parking, it cost me $175. For ONE out of FOUR days.

But why does anyone from the IT department need passes? And why are family members getting free passes? All the Board members and their spouses? And apparently they had lawyers look into it and review it. I'm super uncomfortable with this, but I guess all I can do is set myself apart at this point.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
I was informed yesterday that the organizers of the big music festival that takes place in my new locality each year give out staff passes to all kinds of county staff and their family members. Some of them make sense - Economic Development probably should get a staff pass, I get that the County Administrator could possibly need a pass for a legitimate work purpose. Building Official definitely should be able to get in if needed.
But I declined a pass based on the AICP code of ethics, which turned into a huge ordeal. I did buy a one-day pass because it seemed really important to them that I go, and between the pass and parking, it cost me $175. For ONE out of FOUR days.

But why does anyone from the IT department need passes? And why are family members getting free passes? All the Board members and their spouses? And apparently they had lawyers look into it and review it. I'm super uncomfortable with this, but I guess all I can do is set myself apart at this point.
Alternatively....you could not over think it. ;)