• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

WTF Wednesday

kms

Cyburbian
I just spent 4 hours meeting with my board - one special meeting and a regular board meeting.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Shameful confession: yesterday after work I watched not one but two episodes of that old Hallmark Channel show, "The Good Witch"

Here's my man-card. Just take it.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Shameful confession: yesterday after work I watched not one but two episodes of that old Hallmark Channel show, "The Good Witch"

Here's my man-card. Just take it.
It was basically the only thing on tv? Trying to give you an out here.

House purge part two starts this weekend. Found out my in laws are coming to town (thought Mr. Hab said in three weeks, he said for at least three weeks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Self disclosure: I'm not in a good place today.

You know you can take just about any situation and spin a 'it's not bad if you look at things from THIS perspective" scenario from it. It's just a matter of picking the right perspective.

Planit

Cyburbian
Boss man just accelerated 2 projects. Needs quotes now, before the end of the day.

But we have to attend the EDC's annual meeting for the next 2 -3 hours.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Rolls of Sweetarts were on sale for 50 cents a piece at the grocery yesterday. I seldom purchase candy but I got two last evening.

DVD

Cyburbian
I've got to set a price on our radon services, but at the same time I have to deal with the "You can't compete with private industry" crap. If private industry were doing their job right I wouldn't have to do this. Also, I've got the equipment and trained people, why not do it.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Our Board Chair, my Code Enforcement Manager, and I were served with a law suit today. Oh, BTW, our contractor demolished the plaintiff's violation today. Do I get a Merit Badge for that?

Michele Zone

BANNED
Some foreigner on the internet would like me to know that "affordable housing" in his country (by which he means cheap ass and corrupt government projects, which isn't what I am talking about) did not work, so it will not work in mine and the decades of US history I recited isn't pertinent because these things work identically in all countries everywhere.

I think I just got mansplained.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Our Board Chair, my Code Enforcement Manager, and I were served with a law suit today. Oh, BTW, our contractor demolished the plaintiff's violation today. Do I get a Merit Badge for that?
The plaintiff filed a Notice of Dismissal to withdraw the suit. It didn't stand a chance in court.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have a stack of projects that I need to get back with people with answers that they will not like. I have gotten to the point of just quoting the Zoning Code knowing that it will kill the project.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Showed up at the doctor's office at 2:10 for my 2:15 appoint. Got seen at 3:05. :r:

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Ridiculous amounts of trick or treaters did *not* come by tonight. I bought as much candy as I typically did at our old house, and still have most of it.

What the new neighborhood lacks in quantity, they made up for in quality. Good costumes, and many of the groups were whole families where the parents took their kids around and wore costumes too.

And every single one of them was polite.

Best costumes tonight were the little boy dressed as Buzz Lightyear, with mom dressed as Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl. Second best was the roller derby girl that was actually on roller skates.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Apparently there was a small earthquake in Tennessee early this morning that was felt in the northern parts of metro Atlanta. I slept right through it.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Apparently there was a small earthquake in Tennessee early this morning that was felt in the northern parts of metro Atlanta. I slept right through it.
With apologies to folks in California and other true seismic zones...

Planit

Cyburbian
Heard outside my office at the front counter:

[STRIKEOUT]Woman [/STRIKEOUT]Citizen COMPLAINING that her street didn't get scraped after the snow storm.

Us: Your street is privately maintained. The HOA is responsible.

Her: There is no HOA.

Us: That's the certificate on the subdivision plat.

Her: Why would that happen?

Us: The developer didn't want to put in curb & gutter.

& it goes on...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Today a developer told me that there is no way that anyone can make money building homes with the regulations that we have in place. I looked at him for a few moments as all the things that I should not say got caught up in the filter. I finally responded with “Inam sorry that you feel that way. I seriously had about 40 responses that would not have gone over so well, starting with “we have doubled the housing stock in the past few years with developers who can make the numbers work, perhaps you are not cut out for this development thing...” but it stayed in the filter.

I also had 2 different attorneys compliment my new beard at different points today. I might keep it for a while.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Got a meeting with a developer and their legal team this afternoon who are likely going to try to strong arm us into a re-zoning and bushel basket of variances that no one wants to see happen.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Post a Rest In Peace on Facebook for my aunt. Two ads appear on my news feed for writing obituaries. AAAAAAAAAnd people wonder why I'm so cynical.:rolleyes:

Bubba

Cyburbian
One of the cats decided a few weeks ago to start playing fetch. Um, what? Hello, you're a cat. Cats don't do that...

DVD

Cyburbian
My wife has had a couple cats that do that. (notice they are my wife's cats).

Jen

Cyburbian
My cat plays fetch too! He chases and retrieves corks, bottle caps, elastic hair bands, basically anything that skitters and rolls. THe thing is he likes to do his chasing on our epoxy kitchen floor that is slip slidey, so when his preys bounces off onto the carpet or we toss it to another room he chases it and retrieves and returns it to the kitchen for more play. He needs a talent agent!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Speaking of cats playing fetch, our German Shepherd likes to chase the laser pointer. She thoroughly understands that it's me producing the light with the laser pointer (asks to play 'laser' by nosing the shelf where we keep the pointer) but still loves chasing it all the same.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Yesterday its 'spring' here, today its 'winter'. Tomorrow? We'll see.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
We are putting in an offer on a house!

We built our last house, so it's been a loooonnnngggg time since we've been through this process. It's exciting! It's stressful! It's a great way to spend the morning!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
My cat plays fetch too! He chases and retrieves corks, bottle caps, elastic hair bands, basically anything that skitters and rolls. THe thing is he likes to do his chasing on our epoxy kitchen floor that is slip slidey, so when his preys bounces off onto the carpet or we toss it to another room he chases it and retrieves and returns it to the kitchen for more play. He needs a talent agent!
I've known several kitties that have loved sliding on slippery floors.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Apparently we are getting hit by a "Bomb Cyclone" here in the Midwest. I found out that means there is a 24 millibar drop in the barometer in a 24 hour period. Its pretty yuck here, but the snow pack will be gone by Friday at least and it looks like the sub zeros are over for the year.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
We are interviewing for an entry level position. Interviews started today and are scheduled through next week. It's hard finding a solid block of time for all the interviewers, and then also expect that an interviewee will be able to make that window of time. I'm literally doing it in 2-hour blocks.

Storms came through this morning, waking me up about an hour before the alarm. Sirens going off, high winds and some hail, but no tornado. Not a fun way to start the day.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
People expect rock and sand to just be gone all of a sudden. Never mind that we might have ice again, etc.

Planit

Cyburbian
After an hour long on-site meeting this morning concerning an issue at the downtown project, the site superintendent says "Well my boss called me last night and said fix it."

Then why have we been here for an hour talking about alternatives? (%$%#%^%$**^#!!!)

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I have been off this site for a while. I took a new job moving from a small town to a small fast growing suburban town. Same job in title, but vastly different in focus. Its weird thing kinda to have a change like this in one's 50's. I am hoping to stay in this one for the long term and hopefully retire.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Zoe is a bag kitty. Put any kind of bag on the floor, and she climbs or jumps right in. I can pick up the bag, carry it around the house, and she loves it.

zoe.jpg

Top Bottom