• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Wwjd #2

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Who wants a pair of these?

"No Christian lady should be without this product. Offering pure protection from pesky penises!"

I can see a new cyburbia product coming online soon ;)

And, even something for EG! Of course, you can get the thongs too if you want ;)

BKM

Cyburbian
Landover Baptist is one of the most over-the-top (to the point of offensive) parody sites I have seen.

And, of course, there is always Betty Bowers.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am never disappointed in some of the things that every one seems to find on the internet.

I have a "Sprawl Stinks... ask me why." It is a great bar shirt because most women see it, and don't realize it is urban sprawl.

I have had more dates because of that shirt...

Seabishop

Cyburbian
If it mocks religion it must be art created by people more enlightened than the masses. :\

BKM

Cyburbian
Seabishop sums it up pretty well.

I'm seriously conflicted about organized religion/Christianity. But, it still bothers me a little bit when I see the smugness behind sites like landover baptist. While I may hope the "reverend" Phelps and his ilk get their just rewards, I sorta think the deliberately nasty folks at landoverbaptist will too.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
trying to learn how to link images.

I liked this one

Jackass', Don't know if they are real baptists or not, but it is not beyond belief. Went to a cousins weding that was a baptist, no beer, cello music, and a hate filled your all going to hell marriage sermon.

Then ALL of the jewish faiths (Judaism, christianity, Islam) try to say they are a peacefull religion.

BKM

Cyburbian
Yeah, I always liked the "Islam is a Religion of Peace" line.

None of the Abrahamic religions are peaceful. But then, neither were a lot of the Native religions of America (Aztec Empire, anyone?). And, Marxist-Leninism, a religion if I ever saw one, was particularly bloodthirsty, of course.

PEOPLE are not peaceful.

I've never heard of a Buddhist Crusade, though.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
People need to get it into thier skulls that there is no such thing as "PEACE", There is only the "PRE-ATTACK STAGE". "PEACE" has only occured when one group of people are much stronger than others and enforce a calm on the territory the stronger group controls through brute force. That may be cinical and kind of nasty, but prove me different. I plead with someone to show me different, this is one thing I want to be wrong on (miniscule, isolated, pockets of culture where no interaction from the outside world does not count).

Adding GOD into the mix only makes the waters muddier. Gives a great excuse to kill people you dislike for whatever reason though.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
I have a "Sprawl Stinks... ask me why." It is a great bar shirt because most women see it, and don't realize it is urban sprawl.

I have had more dates because of that shirt...
I think we have an idea for a new piece of Cyburbia merchandise here....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Duke Of Dystopia said:
(Santa Claus did not die for your sins
What about this Japanese Christmas card, where they don't quite get the idea.

(Size reduced for attachment)