• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Wwyd?

nerudite

Cyburbian
What Would You Do in this scenario:

Tomorrow (Friday) is my last day of vacation before I go back to work. My boyfriend's mom just left this morning after staying with us for two weeks, and he went back to work this morning. So now I'm all alone. WOOHOO!

So faced with an empty (pre-cleaned) house and a day to do anything you want, what would you do?

Parameters:

Up to $50 spending money.
7 or so hours to kill.
It's freakin' cold outside.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
Did you get PS2 for christmas???
Nope... just a Xbox.

Oh yeah... and this is $50 CDN. Now you can all pity me with my pesos del norte.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Well you can always rent a game instead...

SOCOM US Navy Seals, Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor Frontline, and Conflict Desert Storm are all good ones. Not sure if they are all available for X Box though....

Of course you could always get the girlie games like Pac Man 2 ;) (I'm hooked on that game).

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:

Of course you could always get the girlie games like Pac Man 2 ;) (I'm hooked on that game).
I'm hooked on Halo. Maybe I could get Halo2 if it's out yet. Okay, so this will be possibility number one.

jmf

Cyburbian
We went to my husband's parents house late on Christmas Day so I had all Boxing Day to do what I wanted...no requirement to be anywhere until 5 pm; no stores open; cable tv (which we don't have at home), books, crossword puzzles and a picture window looking onto a big winter storm on the Bay of Fundy. So I sat in front of the TV for most of the day watching things we don't get at home, unfortunately no trading spaces but I did get to see 'While you were out" which was ok.

I'd do it again tomorrow if I had the chance!

SGB

Cyburbian
Go to your favorite local coffee shop or pub (the one with the incredibly comfortable overstuffed chairs), and enjoy a good read with your beverage of choice.

Go to see that current movie you've yet to see this season.

Bundle up, 'cause it ain't gonna get any warmer for a while!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I'll suggest NHL 2003 to rent...I'm dying to play it on my Xbox. Medal of Honor IS available for the Xbox.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl said:
yes im boring
I think you're anything but Boring! ;)

What I would like to do:
1) Cook something really complicated/time-consuming that I usually never get to make
2) Organize something (kitchen, bedroom, closets, etc.)
3) Go out somewhere interesting (coffeehouse, art gallery, etc.)

What I would probably end up doing:
1) Nap
2) Play on the computer
3) Watch TV
4) Curse myself for not being more productive with my time

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Tranplanner said:

I think you're anything but Boring! ;)

What I would like to do:
1) Cook something really complicated/time-consuming that I usually never get to make
2) Organize something (kitchen, bedroom, closets, etc.)
3) Go out somewhere interesting (coffeehouse, art gallery, etc.)

What I would probably end up doing:
1) Nap
2) Play on the computer
3) Watch TV
4) Curse myself for not being more productive with my time
You sound more like me everytime you post Tran. :) I know I'd end up playing on the Xbox or on the computer....so I don't even kid myself about the other things!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl said:
hehe Tran come organize my closet PLEASE!!!
Do I really want to be poking around in your closet? :)

My wife is amazed at my organizational abilities (when I set my mind to it).

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
lol THOSE items are too nice to be kept in a closet, they all have special cases, storage boxes.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I like Tranplanner's cooking idea. You might also start planning a vacation. That always seems to be a big one for me this time of the year.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Go down to the local thrift store and find the cheesiest fake fur coat, and then go to the dime store and but the gaudiest Mimi-esque make up. Surprise the bf when he comes home wearing nothing but the faux fur and a face full of mimi. Its something he'll never forget.

nerudite

Cyburbian
bturk said:
Go down to the local thrift store and find the cheesiest fake fur coat, and then go to the dime store and but the gaudiest Mimi-esque make up. Surprise the bf when he comes home wearing nothing but the faux fur and a face full of mimi. Its something he'll never forget.
The scary thing is... he'd probably like that! It sounds like a lot of effort, but it's something to keep in mind (of course getting the nightmareish vision out of my head could be quite hard to do!)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I like Tranplanner's cooking idea. You might also start planning a vacation. That always seems to be a big one for me this time of the year.
Not to harp on you guys or anything... but, as a woman, I did *a lot* of cooking and baking over the holidays, and so I'm not really into going out of my way to cook some more. ;) During some other time of the year... like April maybe, I would totally dig this.

I am making turkey and potato curry with coconut rice for supper tonight (in the slow cooker and rice cooker as we speak)... so we don't eat too bad around here on "regular" days.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I would rent some DVDs, order some take-out, get a 6 pack of my favorite beer and chill out...at least if I had tomorrow off. If it was further away from the holidays I would probably do something more involved, like take an extended weekend trip, go biking/skiing, or run errands and clean my apartment.

nerudite said:

Not to harp on you guys or anything... but, as a woman, I did *a lot* of cooking and baking over the holidays, and so I'm not really into going out of my way to cook some more. ;)
Off topic:
Amen! we've been eating left over chili and turkey sandwiches for the last three days because i just cannot muster enthusiam to turn on the stove.