• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

XFL 2.0 - they'll try again

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Armchair NFL competitor wannabe here.

All the teams are in cities that already have established NFL teams. Those cities all have NBA, MLB, and/or NHL teams, too. Yeah, that'll go over really well. Where's the team for Birmingham? Every aspiring competitor to the NFL has to have a team in Birmingham.

The author takes issue with the team names and logos because they aren't authentic enough. Effin' hipster. Probably one of those people that stops going to a restaurant when its health department inspection score gets too high "because they spend more time cleaning than cooking, man". That being said, there doesn't seem like any connection between a team name and the place, except maybe the Houston Roughnecks. That name just reminds me of all the "Roughrider" teams in the CFL.

hqdefault.jpg

Here's what I'd call them.
  • Dallas Cheaters
  • D.C. 7000 Series Trains
  • Houston Traffic
  • Los Angeles Tremors
  • New York Rents
  • St. Louis Demolitions
  • Seattle Ferries
  • Tampa Bay Thetans

Doohickie

Cyburbian
So much meh.

The Cheaters will be playing in the abandoned Globe Life Park as the Texas Rangers move into their new stadium.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I remember the old USFL from the '80s. I like pro football but I don't like enough to watch the minor league version of it. the teams would simply be the farm system for the NFL. Beside, that what college football is for.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
The XFL 1.0 was such a novelty, but it was a good 30 for 30 film.