• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Yaaa!!!

Hceux

Cyburbian
I've graduated today!! Yaaa.

Just felt like sharing my news to the world!

Has anyone recently or will soon graduate?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Congratulations!

I'm too old to remember my graduation. ;) I have a niece and nephew who will be graduating from high school this year. Does that count for anything?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Congratulations.

I should have 2 official pieces of paper to remind me that I graduated,
but if I can only remember where I put them.
So I guess I am no better than Cardinal. :p ;-)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Graduated from high school? or College?

If it's the first case... It's been over a year now for me at least... don't miss it one bit!
If it's the second case... well it'll take me 4-5 more years (hopefully) :p

Anyways, congrats, whichever is the case.

SGB

Cyburbian
Congratulations, [parental mode] now get to work.[/parental mode]

;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Congrats!!!!

I hope you can get a wicked-cool job doing some menial current planning! :-\ ;-)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Congrats! Belle is another recent graduate, but she is in the middle of a move and hasn't been around here as of recently. So any job prospects?

Hceux

Cyburbian
*taking a bow!*

All of you, thank you for your congratulatory greetings.

To answer your question, SkeLeton, I've graduated from a university.

Plannerbabs, yes, I'll hang onto my youthful idealism as I'll be returning to school next year for Education (aka Teacher's college).

No offense to all of you who thought I'd be going into the field of planning. As much I love the subject related to cities, I have a bigger compelling force that has oriented my interests in the field of education for the Deaf/hard of hearing students. Perhaps when I am done with teaching, I can go back to my love of cities! For now, I'll just keep reading up Cyburbia.org and other interesting readings as well as travelling. :)

No job prospects as of yet, but I'll expect to searching for jobs once I'm done with schooling in two years time.

Congrats Belle with finishing up school! :)

And yes it counts that your nephew and niece is graduating from hs this year, Cardinal. It's such a big moment for them! Believe me, I remember! ;)

bmoore81

Congratulations, I too graduated this year (winter quarter however). What did u study? (Dance and Economics here) 8-!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
One of my friends got degrees in Education and Sign Language/Education/Interpretation, and she absolutely loves what she does. Best of luck.

[ot]Glad you liked the Urbis Centre! I've not been yet...one of these days we'll go there. Sounds as though it's every bit as interesting as I'd hoped! [/ot]

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Sorry, Hceux, I don't get into the students forum too often, so just saw your post and wanted to congratulate you, just a little late, I guess. Good luck in your next endeavour and don't forget us poor planners!

Hceux

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
One of my friends got degrees in Education and Sign Language/Education/Interpretation, and she absolutely loves what she does. Best of luck.
Plannerbabs, how cool is that your friend got her degrees in those subjects! That's what I'm heading for. I hope I will find similar joy that your friend is experiencing as she is loving what she's doing.

Junkoplenty, you asked what did I study. I did a minor in history - kinda accidential. Took too many history classes, I guess. But, my major was geography. I focussed more in the areas of urban and economic geography with some dabbling in historical geography. That explain my presence at this forum, doesn't it, eh?

So how did you get to do dance and economics? Very cool combo, I must!

Zoning Goddess, how can I forget about the planners? At times, I think I'm like a planner wannabe in my own mind. I even tried to express it in one of my papers that I wrote in my second year. It didn't work so well. Perhaps I was too ambitious (typical of planner wannabes, eh?). What I tried to do was to look at the historical evolution in the urban geography of "greenbelts", how it was implemented in London, UK, and then how it could work in the Toronto area as a means to curb further urban sprawl as it somewhat worked in London. *sigh*