• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Yip

Yello up there. This here is goonsta, a Chicagoan from down yonder, aka the South Side. I reckon I posted some snapshots of the city in the gallery. There's more to come folks.

masafer

Cyburbian
South side eh? How far to your nearest Harold's Chicken Shack? You got a problem though... You're from the south side, but you got a cubs logo as your avatar? You're a traitor to the cause of south side baseball. Go Sox!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Portillo's. Now that's a great hot dog. No, make that a chili dog. With onions.

El Feo

Cyburbian
I like Superdawg, up on Milwaukee at Devon. Probably too far north for you guys...

pete-rock

Cyburbian
goonsta said:
a Chicagoan from down yonder, aka the South Side
My, my. Another newbie, and from the Chi like me. Your picture looks like something from Bronzeville. Is that where you are? I'm on the "sout'west" side in Beverly.

Hi CityGodess and everbody else.

Correction.

I was born and raised in the South Side, South Loop to be exact(yes when it was skid row). I've lived in Washington Park and Hyde Park and 79th. I moved to the North Side and lived Uptown, Edgewater and Rodgers Park. but now I'm in the South Side...........................of Evanston. So I'm still a southsider at heart who hates what they did to Old Comiskey. That should explain the Cubs avatar.

Also that picture is of a building off of Damen in Wicker Park. I haven't been through Bronzeville in quite a while. I might take some photos this week. Also I've never gotten a chance to see Beverly, be it that I take public transit.