• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Yo

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
I am one of the three original Zoning Goddessess. I have held the post in the League as Fairy Godmother. My mantra is taken from the world reknown movie called "Office Space", and that is "Planning to Plan". I am typically irreverent. I like to have a good time.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from Chicago!

Irreverent??

You should fit in nicely.

Yeeeeessss, very nicely!

Budgie

Cyburbian
I echo Mendies thought. It sounds like you'll fit right in with this mixed bag of nuts.

My advice, which I give to new comers.

"Post hard, post often, don't be offended".

otterpop

Cyburbian
Welcome. After so many years of Catholic education I am a little wary of someone named Sister. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Have fun.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
otterpop said:
Welcome. After so many years of Catholic education I am a little wary of someone named Sister. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Have fun.

What's wrong with Sister Hazel? ;-)

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Instead of thinking Catholic, think of the term sister in more in line with fortune telling after all that is what planners do...
we predict the future.

otterpop said:

biscuit

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
What's wrong with Sister Hazel? ;-)
More than you could possibly imagine. ;-)

Welcome sisterceleste from a Southerner in exile on the banks of the Monongahela River.

Last edited:

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
Instead of thinking Catholic, think of the term sister in more in line with fortune telling after all that is what planners do...
we predict the future.

I thought we used the magic 8 ball? I do have a Yoda fortune telling device which comes in really handy.

Welcome Sister Celeste. Our trifecta is now complete!!! :)

JNL

Cyburbian
Welcome sister, from a goddess-in-training! :-D I study under the wise tutelage of ZG.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Welcome from the land of famous edible tubers. Base flood elevation: 2,068 feet. :b:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
From somewhere north of the confluence of the Mighty Ohio and Mississippi rivers, I send you Greetings. (Of course, we know not what time it is, but what does that matter to a Goddess?).

I am so terribly confused |-)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
I thought we used the magic 8 ball? I do have a Yoda fortune telling device which comes in really handy.

I use a coin...

Welcome...

being the new person, you get to buy :b:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
welcome! :b:

Your arrival has been anticipated
Wow, this almost sounds prophetic or should I say apocalyptic "You're coming has been foretold.....and the seas turned as blood and the skies were as black as sackcloth....." ;-)
Well anywho, welcome to the world's premier planners forum :-D

otterpop

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
we predict the future.

Predict the future. I wish. At my job I mitigate the near-present.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome
from the SW Indiana, in the Central Time Zone, on northshore of the Ohio River, at mile marker 792.5

1st Cyburbian Man: What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior!
________: Well, I am Goddess
2nd Cyburbian Man: Oh Goddess, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
:
1st Cyburbian Man: I didn't know we had Goddess. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
2nd Cyburbian Man: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
1st Cyburbian Man: Oh, there you go, bringing class into it again.
As inspired by Monty Python's Holy Grail. ;-)

OT - I am going to steal Otterpops, soon to be a classic, line.

Last edited:

Rem

Cyburbian
Hello and welcome from Australia.

Three Goddesses - I think that makes a Front Row.

1524031010Scrum-med.jpg