• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Your Dream Car

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Can you say mid life crisis Suburb Repairman? :-D

Now, back on topic... My dream car... a 944 Porsche would do... not all that expensive, not all that fast, a stylish Porsche city car if you want... :p Dreaming on... a 911 (996) Carrera 4... Can you say Obsessed with Porsches? :D

boilerplater

Cyburbian
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer, an Austrian military vehicle that runs on regular gasoline, and is street legal in the US.

I saw one of these for the 1st time IRL at a used car dealer in Neptune, NJ, in '02. I had to stop and take a look, I thought it looked so cool. They're so ungainly and utilitarian looking, they're beautiful. For some reason that appeals to me, and I'll admit that the Hummer's appeal to me in the same way. As for the politics of owning one, never. I also like the land Rover models that are actually fitted for off-roading with the roll bars, roof rack, and high exhaust for going through water. The Unimogs look cool too. Anybody know what those vehicles that UN peacekeepers use are? Now those are pretty cool too. Anybody seen any Bradley armored personnel carriers for sale?

ludes98

Cyburbian
I'll take a 2005 Rolls Royce Phantom. I'd like mine in black and silver tuxedo style. Saw one last night in a parking lot. It was awesome.

4SA.jpg
phantom1.jpg

I plan on buying a Chuck Beck 550 spyder as soon as possible.

3.jpg

nuovorecord

Cyburbian
Were money and practicality not objects, I think a Jaguar XJ220 would fill the bill quite nicely, thank you.

[
jaguar_xj_220_11.jpg

But, in reality, I'm pretty happy with my current ride, a black 1994 Saab 9000 Aero. 28 mpg, hauls as much as a Bekins moving van, and goes 149 mph! Yahoo!!!

SAAB%20'94%209000%20Aero%20Straight%20Racing%20002.jpg

Obtainable
2005 Nissan Maxima black w/ black leather interior or red with tan or black leather interior

mega million/powerball loot
2005 BMW 760iL black with tan leather interior

if I was 6" shorter, an Aston Martin

nighthawk1959

Cyburbian
Breed, NEVER try to light your pipe and visit the facilities at the same time. As for my dream car Total dream Dodge Viper total testosterone Practical Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4X4 great truck plenty of power for hauling tools and fuel { plus it is evil looking in black!!!]

martini

Cyburbian
One for haulin' the gear. And the other for, ahh, hauling more gear. You decide which.
UM12HD-560.jpg

limo2.jpg

Attachments

• limo2.jpg
    limo2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 10
  • UM12HD-560.jpg
    UM12HD-560.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
My reference was to the 4 wheel drive truck/RV only.
The order of the photos and the attached images got switched.