• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Cool 🕶️ Your favorite and/or coolest manual transmission car you've owned

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Me too. And get it custom painted with some sort of tropical vibe design.
Yeah, some cool ass "Daktari" style Land Rover zebra striping,

1615241274032.png

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Wasn't my car but when I was a kid in the mid 70's the high school aged kid that lived across the street had a Volkswagen 'Thing'.

View attachment 50845

I thought it was the coolest car at the time (except perhaps for the equally cool AMC Gremlins that were everywhere). His was painted gray and had a Maltese cross painted on the door so it looked like a ww2 German staff car.
It has always been a goal to own a Type 181! Someday, I will get there...

I actually saw one this weekend in orange at our local Cars & Coffee and was reminded of how super cool they are! As I've had two yellow vehicles already, I think I would lean toward owning one in orange as well.

Planit

Cyburbian
It has always been a goal to own a Type 181! Someday, I will get there...

I actually saw one this weekend in orange at our local Cars & Coffee and was reminded of how super cool they are! As I've had two yellow vehicles already, I think I would lean toward owning one in orange as well.
I could see you driving that!