• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Your Favorite Looney Tunes Matchup

Your Favorite Looney Tunes Matchup

• Bugs Bunny vs Yosemite Sam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bugs vs Wile E. Coyote

• Bugs vs Elmer

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Bugs vs Daffy Duck

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Bugs vs Daffy vs Elmer

• Bugs vs Tasmanian Devil

• Bugs vs The Martian

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Sylvester vs Tweety

• Sylvester & Little Sylvester vs Hippity-Hopper

• Wile E. Coyote vs the Sheepdog (Fred & Sam?)

• Foghorn Leghorn vs Henery Hawk

• Foghorn Leghorn vs The Dog

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Pepe LePew vs the female cat

• Daffy vs Speedy Gonzales

• Coyote vs Road Runner

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Porky & Daffy

• Claude the Cat vs the Puppy

• Mack & Tosh

• Hubie & Bertie

• Other: Specify

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I love the old Looney Tunes from the 1940s to the 1950s. Some of my favorites include Bugs vs Wile E. Coyote, Bugs vs the Martian and Foghorn Leghorn vs the Dog & Chicken Hawk.

In the attached poll I have tried to think up as many matchups and combinations as possible. What's your favorite?

[

Last edited:

Habanero

Cyburbian
Anything with Porky, I just love that little pig.. he reminds me of a professor I had.. he was always "ahhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhh-ing" (read the porky laugh) in the middle of thoughts..

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Bugs and the Giant Monster in the mad scientist's castle.

"I just Loooove what you've done with your hair...."

I voted Bugs and Daffy. I love the old Chuck Jones toons. But absolutely hate Tweety. I don't tend to be a violent girl, but when ever I see people wearing T-shirts with Tweety dressing like a rapper, I just want to smack them! What are they thinking? And please don't even get me started on Space Jam! IMO, that's when Michael Jordan jumped the shark.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I was at a loss, since there were no SpongeBob choices!

nerudite

Cyburbian
On a general level I loved almost any episode involving Foghorn Leghorn and the Dog. They were so mean to each other... it was hilarious!

But there is one Bugs vs. Yosemite Sam where they are stranded on a desert island or something, and they have to keep running across shark infested waters to get supplies from the galleon or whatever boat they had. At one point Sam gets eaten by the shark and is pounding it from the outside with a mallet. Of course the shark scampers off and Sam remains on the rock pounding his own head. It's a classic episode. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
I voted Bugs and Daffy. I love the old Chuck Jones toons. But absolutely hate Tweety.
Even the Dr. Jeckell/Mr. Hyde episode where Tweety would turn into this grotesque 7-foot birdie monstrosity? Man... when he chomps on Sylvester and has his tail hanging out of his mouth... it's classic! Otherwise, I'm not too into tweety either... but you should try to catch that Hyde one sometime.

Last edited:

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Duck Rodgers in the 24th and half Century!!!!!

Daffy is my fav, followed by Marvin the Martian, and the two chipmunks. I love that episode where they terrorize that poor cat.

"look, look, he's turning plaid!!!!!"

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Duck Rodgers in the 24th and half Century!!!!!

Daffy is my fav, followed by Marvin the Martian, and the two chipmunks. I love that episode where they terrorize that poor cat.

"look, look, he's turning plaid!!!!!"

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I guess they're mice, not chipmunks.

Guess I was thinking of Chip and Dale...that's Disnee right?

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
The poll only allows 20 Choices. Here are some others that I would have liked to have added:

• Porky & Sylvester
    Claude the Cat vs Mark Anthony
    Bugs vs Daffy vs The Abdominal Snow Man
    Porky & Charlie Dog

statler

Cyburbian
I voted for Wile E. Coyote vs. RR.
Yeah, sure it's the same joke done over and over, but damn I love Wlie E. The Original Super-Genius!

By the way anybody interested in Chuck Jones, I whole-heartedly recommend getting your mitts on a copy of Chuck Amuck
Chuck Jones' autobiography.

Last edited:

kms

Cyburbian
Bugs vs. Punkinhead Coy and his brother... titled "Hillbilly Hare"

"promenade 'cross the floor, sashay right on out the door
into the holler into the glade
everybody promenade"

Now the song will be in my head for awhile.

donk

Cyburbian
My favourite line is from either the monster castle episode or the abominable snow man one (can't rememebr which) when the monster says

"I'll love him, hold him and call him Fred"

As he lovingly squeezes the life out of Bugs.

Reminds me of seeing kids in the neighbourhood with their cats dressed up in baby clothes.

Tom R

Cyburbian
toons

It makes me soooo angry!
I gotta go with bugs and Marvin Martian.
What was the name of the dog that uses to hug himself almost orgasmically over a dog biscuit?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I always want the coyote to win. It isn't that I dislike the roadrunner, it's just that the coyote tries so hard and never has any luck.

Bugs is the best all-around character, though. Nothing will ever top the opera, though. "Kill the Wabbit" sung to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries? Brilliantly Hillarious!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I'm with bturk & Co.

The Gossamer ones are classic... Bugs and the mad scientist trying to run after dropping the ether is a riot, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.