• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Your Mayor/County Manager: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Is your Mayor/County Manager...

• The Good: Truly cares about the current and future development of the community

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • The Bad: Interested only in the next election and the good ol' boys system of getting things done.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The Ugly: Worse than a political animal. Well...just ugly!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Unknown: I have not figured out this person yet.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridays

Cyburbian
The Good: Truly cares about the current and future development of the community
The Bad: Interested only in the next election and the good ol' boys system of getting things done.
The Ugly: Worse than a political animal. Well...just ugly!

How would you describe your mayor or county manager? Share any fun/horror stories!

I worked under a Mayor who was a former motorcycle cop. His public speaking style was littered with the word "ain't," and he would push to get his retired cop buddies hired for city positions that they were not EVEN qualified for. The last straw was when I denied a business permit application because it required at least a light industrial zoning versus the existing general commercial. I was informed that I WOULD sign-off on the approval, despite the fact that the property abutted a residential neighborhood and the business would be emitting noxious odors and noise. Needless to say, I refused...but the business was allowed to operate anyway.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Moderator hat on...

Reposted and merged with a poll.

The city just had a change in administration. I'm going to wait about 6 months before I render my decision...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom