• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Your resolutions

donk

Cyburbian
From my resolution post

Finish house (floor on main level anyways and trim). Done Even more then I expected to do, should have done it 2 years ago.

Move. Give me a month

Get a new job. Yes Start in a month

Reduce impulsive purchases (books, clothing, music) NO Damn ebay and having authors I really like and signed editions available, plus books I've been hunting for years (Pinkwater and Farmer especially)

Take a real vacation. on the to do list
, if the house sells before I start my new job i may splurge and go to California for a week

The Irish One

I just went back to my resolutions last Saturday and the only one that is in the fruition stage is

Have continuous bumper crop of favorite veggies.

Since I wrote my resolutions I have come up with a few extras .

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The only one so far is "be more frugal - more saving, less spending" but the year is young, I'll get to the others. :)

boiker

Cyburbian
i've kept to it...

my wallet is being good, i'm not spending money.. mainly, cause I haven't had any

JNL

Cyburbian
Not exactly a resolution, but around New Years I decided to start keeping a dream journal. So I bought a blank spiral-bound book and started recording some of my more memorable dreams. And boy there's some crazy sh*t that goes on in my subconscious!! Seem to be going through a period of having vivid and bizarre dreams.

The plan is to eventually learn more about dream interpretation and then maybe go back and see if I can make some sense of them.

Based on the number of pages I've filled up, I'm doing well!

otterpop

Cyburbian
Doing better this year. Bought a house - that was one. Lost some weight - that's two. Spedning more time with my family - that's three. Being named in a paternity suit by J'Lo - oh, sure that is shooting way high but then again I still have nearly ten months to work on it.

Some of the stuff I listed has had some "changes" made:

I am not learning that much html but learning who can be gotten for a reasonable price. Different solution, same result.:)

Ongoing research has caused some changes in the educational goals for my kids, not at all an uncommon thing. So the specifics I listed are largely "out of date" and I won't bore you guys with the details of the exciting new adventures that are coming together, in part thanks to a good friend lovingly throwing me to the wolves in a homeschooling forum. :-}

I am launching a business and there are some cool developments in that area. For example, I just joined as a board member for a fledging GIS organization and that is kind of Cool.

I am making progress on work on my websites, although much of that is still "behind the scenes" and you might not know it by going to my websites.

The two things on my original list that have not been done yet and which are really starting to feel pressing are: put a GIS on my laptop and finish painting the bedframe in the shed. Sigh.

Oh, yeah: I am on less medication too. Woo hoo!

H

Cyburbian
so far, so good!!! However I cant disclose what it is because I am superstitious and I dont want to jinx myself by saying (or typing) it. :)